Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My dad Allan

Forum Member

My dad Allan

Hi everyone I have posted on here before and I got lots of support and ideas from lits of people which has been so valuable I cant tell u how much, I am writing this post to say my dad who was so wonderful passed away on Tuesday 29th march in wakefield hospice with his family by his side but this horrible desese took almost everything from him except his love for other's it couldn't take that I have to say I admire all the staff at the hospice who looked after dad for 3months and us they were fantastic, I will miss him so very much more than I can say and can I say a big thank you to everyone on here who gave kind encouraging words and advice it made a really hard day and week bearable thank-you jilly bean xx

I'm sorry for your and your families Loss;

RIP now Allan.

Thanks for telling us how much support we are.

Regards Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Jilly bean Deepest condolensces to you and your family. Dude xx

Forum Member
    Thanks Terry means alot, its yrue what I said though some days were really hard and just coming on here changed all that it ment I could share my pain and worry and someone would always reply with words of encouragement or understanding very helpful really was, I am planning on raising money now im guna start by selling the summer raffle tickets and im hoping to do the sponsored silence thing in june I think thats a great idea as this was a massive issue for my dad he found it extremely hard lossing his speach I think that and the pain he had were the two main things that were hard for my dad so thanks again terry jx

Forum Member
    Thanks dude and also thanks for your advice before regarding the ensure drinks we tried these and my dad used to like them frozen so thanks for that hope u keeping ok and all the best for the future jxx

Forum Member
    Just out of curiosity does anyone know if there are any mnda meeting near wakefield or leeds area please thanks jx

Hi Jilly;

There is a west Yorkshire Branch, if you contact them I'm sure they will help.

Here's the link:-

http://www.mndassociation.org/gettin...kshire-branch/

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Jilly, I am so sorry to hear your news. It must be a really touch time for all of you now.

I can't tell you how impressed I am that you are thinking of ways to raise money for the MNDA. That is just wonderful.

And I am so pleased people on here were able to give you support.

Hi Jilly,, so sorry to hear about your dad, may he rest in peace now ... Katrina x

Very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing Jilly, thoughts and prayers to you and the family.

Dave..