Thread: Nelson Mandela

Alan Livett

Nelson Mandela

"But the human body has an enormous capacity for adjusting to trying circumstances. I have found that one can bear the unbearable if one can keep one's spirits strong even when one's body is being tested. Strong convictions are the secret of surviving deprivation; your spirit can be full even when your stomach is empty"

Nelson Mandela has given me renewed strength at a time when I am beginning to doubt my own ability to remain "optimistic". RIP Nelson Mandela.

pete
    Hi Alan ,

Couldn't agree more with your outlook, and doubt if we will ever see another man ,do as much for his people ,yes in a world motivated by money and greed, Nelson Mandela was a unique and gifted man loved by his people for all the right reasons. May he rest in peace.

ccinjersey
    "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear” - Nelson Mandela

A man to be loved, admired, respected for all time....yes, may he rest in peace.

magic
    Here, here.

Magic

ccvsd
    Oh how inspiring. Nelson Mandela was so wise and such an inspiration. We can add to that legacy by being strong, happy and loving even under challenging circumstances. People notice and gain strength from it themselves.