Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What I've Discovered (2): The Combined WC Bidet

Forum Member
    Good to hear peoples view about clos-o-mat. I am getting one soon but am concerned about its height.Do most people get wheeled on to them or have sufficient arm strength to get off?I cant write much at the moment but hope to get dragon software working again.My arms are quite weak and my legs are not good

Paul

Hi Paul

When my closomat was put in my OT ordered a shower chair that should have fitted over the toilet. But it didn't and was too big for me anyway. I had to give it back. I can still weight bear, so my carers help me on and off.

Sarah

Forum Member
    Hi Sarah

Thanks fo the quick reply.I see you have had mnd for some time,so you are doing well that you can still stand.I hope I will be the same though not so sure as my legs feel quite weak.Do you know you can get seat raisers that fit on the closomat,but they are axpensive

Paul

I have a Clos-o-mat on 2" raised plinth and cannot fault it.
    Best wishes

Jeannie

Please donate and share forever grateful xx Please see the link https://www.gofundme.com/83tq5j-help..._co_campmgmt_w

Hi Paul

My closomat has been raised, so that's OK. Don't know what will happen if my legs give out. I've had the worst OT's. They have never measured anything correctly.

I hope everything works out for you.

Best wishes

Sarah

Robin142857
    For the benefit of those coming to this thread in future, I discover that the Clos-o-mat and Gerberit are full joint toilet and bidet systems wheras the Hyundai and BioBidet systems are self-contained seating systems which replace the existing toilet seat while continuing to use the original sanitary ware. The price of the complete toilet / bidet systems seems to be aroung the 2000 mark, the price of the replacement seating systems is around 400.

I have now had over a month to get used to the Hyundai. How did I ever manage without it?

Had the Closomat rep round today, 2,400 for the toilet and 600 installation....... Brilliant product but daylight robbery in my opinion especially in view it doesn't look like the council will assist in any form. What price is dignity eh?
    Life without love is like a broken pencil..... Pointless.

http://mndestroyer.wordpress.com/

What a rip off, from my experience if you've worked all your life your stuffed if your a dole boy your laughing

John
    http://www.jaded-john.net

First onset Oct 2009, Dx'ed Oct 2010 at the age of 42

I believe they were originally made for rich people too posh to wipe, but found they were more popular for people with disabilities! I will be looking into getting one for my extension when its done, if theres any funds left
    YNWA............Trying to stay positive..........

Website http://chris-versus-mnd.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jadedjohn View Post
    What a rip off, from my experience if you've worked all your life your stuffed if your a dole boy your laughing

John
    Don't get me started, well ok then...... 3k for a toilet, 2-3k for a wet room, 6-8k for a lift, 5k upfront cost for mobility car to get a scooter in, widen doors n add ramps for wheel chair et al 1-1.5k.

Pay tax n NI all your life, won't see a penny of all pension payments to govt, never claimed any benefits then get **** all help from the govt when you need it. A seriously unhappy bunny at the moment grrr.
    Life without love is like a broken pencil..... Pointless.

http://mndestroyer.wordpress.com/