Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conveen/Condom Catheter

Cookewitch
    The nurse had put it on and did show me. I think part of the problem is the leg bag is too small so it backed up and came off.

I'll give it a try on our own and see how we get on......thanks for your help Terry.

Cookewitch
    The palliative care consultant turned up unexpectedly today and she's going to push for the type of catheter that goes up his willy......Dad actually wants that one as he's had it before in hospital and hopefully will mean less leaks and bigger leg bags.

Hope that all goes well CW;

They are a lot more prone to infections, so keep a look out for them.

I won't send you photo's of how to put them on then.

Talking of living in a dream world, I often think that I have been in a four year one. Only trouble is I can't see myself coming out of this one. Surely I have paid for any wrong doing, and I will be a better person doing voluntary work etc.

I also would like a plane and learn to fly but that's just being selfish.

Well dreams, Terry
    Last edited by Terry; 27th December 2013 at 14:54.

Cookewitch
    The Foley catheter was fitted this afternoon. I said they'd need a bigger bag than 500ml.....nurse said should be ok and then dad proceeded to empty 1500ml as soon as it was in....she was stunned!

He's now all set up with a 1000ml bag and it's normal amounts now that it is fully empty.....I have everything crossed that we both get some sleep tonight.....

Forum Member
    Hi everyone, I know this thread is old but thought I'd leave this here anyway in case anyone comes across it in the future and wants to perhaps try a newer type of product Just came across this new condom catheter here
    https://www.shop-optimum.com/en-gb/s...ge/ugo-sheath/

Had issues before with getting them to stay on. The one above comes in lots of different sizes. seems quite different to the others out there i've seen.

Hi Lizzie and welcome to the forum;

Thanks for the link and advise, there are several different types and designs etc.

Please feel free to ask any questions or just share things with us.

Best wishes, Terry