Thread: Just joined the forum!

Faith

Just joined the forum!

Hi there , I am new to this ,so you will have to excuse me if I make a blip!! My husband was diagnosed with M.N.D end of May, and it was heartbreaking for our family,I was hoping I might find this forum helpful for advice and support,as it is a first in the family, everything seems a bit frightening!!So far we are coping pretty well,but things are changing all the time!

Sorry to hear about your husband, Faith;

Welcome to the forum and you will find support and advice here. I guess that you have been in-touch with Mnda connect for help and advice already. There are many carers on here as well.

Best wishes, Terry

Hi Faith, sorry to hear about your husbands diagnosis. There are lots of lovely people on here who give great advice. I wish I'd have joined the forum sooner than I did. You'll find that the advice given on here is really helpful, more often that not, more knowledgable than the professionals too!
    Annette xxx

Forum Member
    Welcome to the forum.

Steve

Forum Member
    Welcome faith.when my husband was diagnosed coincidentally a family member worked for mnda and she said"you are not on your own now" how very true.even though rob never used the forum or wanted any info I used it daily and even though I lost him very quickly I regard the forum members as my extended family.they got me through everything and even now I look in daily and do my best to help others.love as always.caroline xxxxxxx

Welcome to the gang....not a gang any of us want to be in but there we go....we're a nice bunch and you'll find lots of information and support here.

My Dad was diagnosed in May 2013 too and I can totally relate to the fear and speed at which things change. Just when you think you've got into a routine along comes another change to toss it all up in the air!