Thread: Wanted - motor neurone disease t shirts - new or used

Wanted - motor neurone disease t shirts - new or used

Hi Everyone

My husband Rob was diagnosed with MND a year ago this month and I wish to raise awareness of the disease by wearing a T SHIRT with the words 'Motor Neurone Disease' on it for every single day of the rest of his life. I do not intend to miss a day, whatever the occasion. This is to become the new fashion.

We are making the best of every day and travelling as much as we can so I feel that this will be a good way of serving as a human BILLBOARD and spreading awareness of the disease throughout UK and Europe. When we can't travel I will wear the T shirt around my home town and county and hope that thousands of people will see it.

In order to do this I need as many T Shirts as possible and I need YOUR HELP. Anyone who has a used one or a new one left from an event such as the London Marathon or London Run etc (I believe in re-cycling), please will you send it to me. I don't care if its too tight or too baggy (I'm a tall 14/16) as I just need enough that I can wash and wear a clean one each day. If I get too many I will encourage as many people that I know to wear them too so that they are not wasted.

Please post to 59 Merrifield Court, Welwyn Garden City, Herts. AL7 4SH

THANK YOU

Forum Member
    Hi Susie -

Reading your plans for wearing the T shirts, you may become eligible for the Guinness Book of Records!! I'm sure if you spoke to the kind folk in the fundraising Department at National Office, they could let you have one or two, just to get you started.

Speak to Taryn Moore or one of her colleagues on 01604 611691, let her know what you're doing and I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

Mike.

What a great thing to do Susie, i hope you get plenty of t shirts
    YNWA............Trying to stay positive..........

Website http://chris-versus-mnd.weebly.com/

Susie, what a simple way of spreading awareness, we all wear them for our fundraising etc, however to wear one every day mmmmmmm
    Well done that girl!

Forum Member
    And by way of a PS - sorry, hadn't realised this was your first post, so welcome to the forum - and do keep us up to date with your 'T' wearing antics! Perhaps you could have categories, you know, shirt worn at . . . 'Poshest Do', 'Highest Altitude', 'Longest Duration', no, OK scrub that last one, but if word gets around, who knows? I feel a competition coming on . . .

Mike.

Forum Member
    Amazing idea! You should get as many photos as you can as well and spread to the local media (and branch etc)! good luck. I am really sorry but I don't have any spare t-shirts but I will ask at our next committee meeting!

Emily

Vane
    Brilliant idea, I think this has legs (even if some of us don't!) how about a national MND awareness week this summer - would it be worth the association funding some tshirts for regional areas so we could all wear them and get press coverage???
    Welcome to the forum Susie. vanessa