Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from a new mnd-er

Forum Member

Hello from a new mnd-er

Hello to all - I've just been diagnosed and trying to get my head round it- I can't believe how quickly this has come on . 4 months ago I was racing and scrambling over hills now I struggle to get downstairs and bedtime is a nightmare
    Last edited by desw; 14th January 2014 at 07:50.

Forum Member
    Welcome to the forum.

Steve

Forum Member
    Sorry you have the need to join forum but a big welcome. You well have access to a wealth of support and advice.
    Magic

Forum Member
    Steve, hello

Yes, I can empathise with that. Last august I was chasing the dog on the beach and rushing about after my children, by November, I couldn't drive, cook and could barely walk. I don't try too hard to understand it emotionally, just taking one day at a time and thanking lucky stars for no pain yet and such a supportive family.

Caroline

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by desw View Post
    Hello to all - I've just been diagnosed and trying to get my head round it- I can't believe how quickly this has come on . 4 months ago I was racing and scrambling over hills now I struggle to get downstairs and bedtime is a nightmare
    Welcome to the forum desw.

The Association has a helpline service available to people affected by MND. Our team of professionals will be able to provide information and support on all aspects of life with the disease. It may well be worth giving them a call or an email if you have any questions - as well as asking our brilliant forum community.

Connect are available on 08457 626262 or by email at mndconnect@mndassociation.org.

Best wishes,

Andrew

Welcome to the forum. You'll get lots of support on here
    Annette x

Welcome to the forum, it will be good to have another motor biker here. We have quite a few of us, including a lady biker and even a scooter person.

Regards Terry

Welcome, sorry you have to be here but good to have you, we're a nice bunch x

Forum Member
    Hi Terry - sorry not a motorbike - I did off-road racing in land rovers- great fun and a good bunch of people -but I suppose I'm into anything mechanical - once a petrol head always one !
    Regards Des

Hi Des;

Shame about that, still you can join in with the bike racing and F1 this year. Not sure where it's all being shown this year.