Thread: Disabled Facilities Grants .... and You experience...

Disabled Facilities Grants .... and You experience...

have You got any about this??? its look like is right time for me to think about home extension/conversion for my needs
    how all this in you experience going?? how long this take for received DFG and they make any cap on my property?
    Max

@@@@@@@@@

MND is stowaway on My life journey.
    Take free ride but I'M DRIVER HERE!!!!

@@@@@@@@@

Nice too hear from you Max;

There is an information sheet on it Number 22 C. It would appear to be long winded and means tested. Probably best start too sort out quickly and get it put in as soon after April the 5th as possible.

Good luck, Terry

Forum Member
    We applied for DFG to adapt our bathroom to a wetroom.
    Because I am still working and hubby is too we got diddly squat. Our only other option is a loan (re-mortgaging in our case).
    They take no consideration as to how long you are likely to be working for (I am already reliant on a wheelchair and have very weak arms).

Good luck!
    Tessa

Do not dwell on the things you cannot change, instead put your energy into those you can!

Forum Member
    Just to let everyone know our housing association have finally backed down and will put in a wet room for my gorgeous wife Nicky it took a letter to our local mp but it seems to have worked, cried like a baby when they told us

Forum Member
    I'm very pleased for you both and it is vital for hyegine and dignity. Make sure you get the hand held shower head ( Tube 20mm wide 200app mm long with holes at one end) THIS IS GREAT FOR CLEANING ' VITAL PARTS.

Take care

Kelvin

Forum Member
    Any savings over the limit and you will be lucky to get any help. If you think your house needs converting, get it done soon because this terrible disease advances all the time. Good luck.