Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dealing with the loss of someone with MND

Forum Member
    Hi, I’ve not posted before. I used this site for reference and comfort in a way. My mum was diagnosed with MND in March 2016 and sadly lost her very brave and dignified fight in the dawn hours of this morning. She passed away peacefully as she slept she was weeks away from her 63rd birthday. We are all heartbroken to have lost such an amazing woman from our lives x

Forum Member
    Hi Unicorn
    Please accept my condolences . My heart goes out to you and your family . Take care of each other.
    Love Chris

Welcome to the forum unicon on such a sad occasion;

Sorry to hear of your mum's passing and I hope that you and your family can get some support if needed to help get over this.

Hugs, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Thank you x

Forum Member
    Caz and all you other lovely people who are sharing their own grief but still taking time out to try and help others on this forum. I lost my brave beautiful Wife 2 years ago through MND and after 49 years of so much love and support from her
    during my own problems with cancer. Whilst I had the privilege of being her full time carer to the end I could never pay her back for being such a wonderful Wife and Mother of my two sons. I did seem to cope for the first year after her death but eventually had to have one to one counselling with the local Weald hospital ( Kent ). My counsellor was so understanding I felt able to share with her my pain and grief, this helped more than I can explain, but as I said to her it was like talking to my Wife sharing my fears and tears with her as I did with my Wife so many times during our marriage. It is important that whilst I got and still get loving support from my family I wasnít completely honest with them as they were going through their own grief.
    So donít hesitate to Take ď outside supportĒ and donít hide your feelings. Like using this forum explaining your deep and private pain to strangers ( who quickly become more than virtual friends) we are all in the same rocky boat!, Love to you all, Peterx
    P.S. Caroline, like you feel your man is watching you, I have the same feeling particularly when Iím fighting the duvet cover and see a wry smile from her picture by the bed.

Forum Member
    Hi Peter
    Thanks for sharing this with us . I am sure that people will take advice and comfort from your experience . There is no easy way or right or wrong when dealing with grief . You just have to find your own way and hope in time it gets easier

Take care

Love Chris
    Last edited by raymond; 13th September 2018 at 12:21.