Thread: Wheelchair Available

Wheelchair Available

Hello
    My name is Christina. My sister's name is Eliza.

Sadly, my mum Nikki Woodman died of MND in September 2013.

She was an incredible woman, mother, daughter, artist and ex head teacher who as to suffer the indignity and horridness of MND.

She was lucky enough to use an incredible wheelchair, that, of course, we have inherited, and would love for some one else to have and make use of to, like my mum described; improved her quality of life.

The chair was only used for about 3 months and was purchased for 7,500.
    We are ideally looking for 3,000, but understand that this is not a small amount of money, so we are also open to offers.

We have full details and photos of the chair, which, as an overview pivots 360 degree on the spot, fully reclines to practically horizontal, rises vertically so that the user can be at eye level with a standing person.
    We have 3 different cushions of various materials included, as well as the battery charger pack also obviously.
    I have lots if photos that can be emailed to anyone interested.

It is in storage in Stratford at the moment, but we are planning to move it to my in-laws's garage in Dunchurch on 24/2/14. My sister is in Warwick and I am in Northampton.
    We suggest that the buyer collects it.

Many thanks for reading this information, and please do not hesitate to get in touch with any queries.
    MND is horrible, and we would love this fantastic wheelchair to help some one else.

Hugs Chrissie xxx

Hi Chrissie and welcome to the forum;

I am sorry to hear about your Mum. I have got a similar wheelchair and they are fantastic. Could you tell us the name of the chair, how old it is and what height was your Nikki.

Best wishes, Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi Chrissie and welcome to the forum;

I am sorry to hear about your Mum. I have got a similar wheelchair and they are fantastic. Could you tell us the name of the chair, how old it is and what height was your Nikki.

Best wishes, Terry
    Hi Terry

Many thanks for your message... Apologies for the delay in responding... I have a 1 and a half year old so my days are often taken up!!

Anywhoo...
    The chair is a Luca Compac
    It is highly adjustable to fit the user.
    I have all of the measurements in an email that I sent to my sister, so I can send those to you tomorrow if tat would be of use?
    We recall that she started using it after she went to Glastonbury (June?) 2013. She died in the September... So it was used for 3-4 months and was purchased new.

I hope that information is of use, and if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes, and many thanks for your condolences.
    Chrissie.

Forum Member
    Hi Chrissie,

I am so sorry to hear about your mum. My name is Paul (39) and ex deputy head teacher who was diagnosed with MND two years ago. I would be interested in having a look at some of the photos of the chair if you would be so kind as to forward them to me. What is the best way for you to send these?

Many thanks,
    Paul.

Hello Paul
    Many thanks for your response to this thread.

Deepest thoughts and best wishes go to you and your family.
    You are so young!

We can correspond with photos etc through email...
    Please email me and I will respond... Christina.scannell@yahoo.co.uk

Take care
    Chrissie x

Hi all
    I just wished to add an NB for any delay in any response... I apologise if there has been any delay, it was unintended.

Take care
    Chrissie x

I really feel up sad to hear about your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by nancymalida1 View Post
    I really feel up sad to hear about your Mom.
    Hi nancymalida1
    Many thanks for your kind message.
    Hugs
    Christina x