Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Posting Photos

patrick joyce
    I've removed this post as it was edited without my permission by the moderator, as it "implied criticism of the MND association". God forbid that one of us should do that.
    Last edited by patrick joyce; 3rd May 2011 at 09:26.

i agree patrick, having to resize them to a small amount is a real pain. i have a kodak pulse digital photo frame that uses a website to auto resize the images to 800x600 for the frame so the tech is out there now.

john
    http://www.jaded-john.net

First onset Oct 2009, Dx'ed Oct 2010 at the age of 42

Hi Patrick and John,

I am also in agreement. When I tried to add the photos of the Reading Half Marathon to the fund raising thread I didn't realise you had to host them elsewhere. Something that should have taken no time to add become very time consuming.

The feature list for vBulletin does talk about attaching images but not sure if this is what we are after as this may not display them. Something to investigate.

http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=features

Robyn ... did you get anyway with finding any solution?

Matt

Hi Patrick,

Really?! That is madness. It was a constructive criticism if anything. As you said you want this forum to be the best it can be.

Do you get notified if a moderator edits your post?

Matt

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    Hi Everyone & Matt,

I'm just back from a two week break today. I'm hoping to get back to everyone asap with my thoughts... I'm just catching up with everyones questions and emails, so sorry to anyone who has asked a question and I've not spotted it yet! I do try to keep up to speed even when I'm on holiday.

Whoever alters/moves/moderates will always get in touch with the person who posted to explain why they've moved a thread or whatever it might be in relation to the forum rules. Sometimes if something is addressed specifically to a member of the team and not open to the whole forum community the feedback is passed on.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, and is in fact printed off in this case and on my desk as I type

Best Regards ot everyone, and I hope that keeps you a little bit up to date, Matt.

Robyn
    Last edited by Robyn Copley-Hirst; 3rd May 2011 at 16:06.

Robyn Copley-Hirst
    Right,

I've had a good meeting with IT and we've come up with a few ideas and tweaks we can make. It does require some technical work to be done before we can make the changes but we are actively working on it and it is on our 'to do' pile. I'll keep you all updated when we get nearer to trying things out.

Robyn