Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling trapped

Feeling trapped

Hi my name is sue and I was diagnosed July 2013. I was ok with the diagnosis in the beginning but as my mobility is being taken I'm so gloomy and can't seem to pull myself out of this mood. Does anyone else feel this way?

Forum Member
    Hi Suzy
    Yes, I do. Yesterday I felt particularly low., maybe it is the weather. A GP told me at an early stage that depression may be a problem and they could help with medication. I have yet to ask for anything, but I think I should.
    Take care, Trevor.

Hi Suzy;

Welcome to the forum. Many of us feel that way and it is so hard to find a happy mood. I am quite lucky as my progress has been quite slow and it has given me time to adjust.

Most of our lives have change completely, and I still find that I can help people here and in the hospice.

Sorry to hear of your situation and I hope you can raise your mood. We do have a few laughs here as well as the serious stuff.

Best wishes, Terry

Thankyou for your response will try and keep chin up. I'm in a hospice at the mo and the support is immense.

Forum Member
    Hi Suzy,
    I am a Carer for my husband. I feel for you and your pain, I can promise you on here you will get lots of support, advice and help from good, kind people. And as our Terry said we do have some laughs also. Hugs x
    Evil triumphs when good men stand by and do nothing.

Hi springtime do you feel it puts pressure on your relationship sometimes?

Forum Member
    Hi Suzy, Yes, I would say that MND puts every relationship under a certain amount of pressure. Jim is in denial there is anything wrong with him, which in many ways is good for him. I find that continuously struggling to think next steps on my own without his input is very hard. However, I am fortunate to be able to have the help of all on this forum, many of which have become friends. Also the Hospice Team, and the MND team are very supportive. Suzy, I hope you will visit here often and message me any time. Hugs x
    Evil triumphs when good men stand by and do nothing.

Hi I lost my leg movement in September and finding my arms and hands are following suit quite quickly, it's like feeding time at the zoo sometimes!! I get really frustrated so now is the right time to share with others. Xx

Hi Suzy,
    I had a few months of counselling about 6 months after my diagnosis and found it very beneficial in coming to terms with everything.
    Hospices have counselling services too; can you take advantage of this and talk to somebody, given that you're there now?
    I was sceptical at first, but it did help to talk!
    Welcome to the forum.
    Ellie x

Also Suzy, it’s important to try to be a few steps ahead of your progression. I don’t know how you currently use a PC, but if you use your fingers and they are getting weaker, there are alternative ways of access.
    Ellie.