Page 1 of 156 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Bewildered and angry

Bewildered and angry

Yesterday my world fell apart as my wife was diagnosed with mnd.
    I am sat here stunned and feel so useless as I have no idea how to cope!
    It is not fair that my beautiful and until now active wife should suffer like this
    Tonight I cannot express what I feel but need to rant and rage and I have run out of tears

Hi Davec,

Welcome to the forum and feel free to rant and rage. The injustice of this disease knows no bounds. As for coping, knowing what to do you will find you learn pretty fast. You should be fairly well supported by therapists connected to the hospital where your wife was diagnosed and staff from your GP's surgery. If you want answers post your question here or ring mnda connect who have their contact details above. They are available mainly during the week but will give advice on anything connected with your wife's condition.

John

Hello Davec,
    My heart goes out to you at this time. I wish you and your wife the strength and love needed. Hopefully the cure is not far to come.

Best wishes
    Marieline

Thank you john and marieline! A long sleepless night just staring into the darkness where she lies. Today the brave face goes on and at night I will seek solace in the warmth of those who have more knowledge and understanding on this forum if you will!
    Dave

Forum Member
    Welcome Davec bot regret your need to join us. This forum was a lifeline of support during the hears that I cared for my husband. Friends and family will offer help and it is wise to get them involved now and keep them 'on board'. As others have said, do ring MND Coonect when your mind stops reeling.
    Magic

You're not alone. I felt very similar to you when Dad was diagnosed. We're stronger than we think though and we adapt and you will too. You'll have us lot here when you need to vent and when you need ideas.

Soon you'll adopt a new 'normal' and simply do what needs to be done, until then go easy on yourself and love your wife xx

Thank you Magic
    When does the mind stop reeling as reality hurts like hell
    Again I am trying to be brave and need to write in this forum just to get things off my mind so apologies if I go on and on

Forum Member
    Hi DaveC,

I completely understand where you are coming from. I am struggling with the same emotions. My dad was recently diagnosed with this awful disease and it cuts to the bone to know he has it. I am a bit angry at the world, but reaching out to those you can talk to really does help. I have days where I am acting like superwoman but cry myself to sleep at night when no1 sees. Like some of the others have said above things will settle and you will all adapt. Start to plan some fab things you want to do and have that to look forward to. Lots of family time and seeing friends. Surround yourselves with the people you love to show stupid MND that you won't go down without a fight!!

Thinking of you

Jen x

Forum Member
    Go on as much as you want Dave. My Mum was diagnosed a week ago and I've been open about my worries and fears to a lot of different people. Im staying in the house with her this week and trying to find the right moment for her to open up to me, I just want her to be as calm as possible and to have some laughs and feel the love of her family in the coming months.

Forum Member
    Hello again, Dave. My Dads being very strong and at the moment they are both finding comfort in keeping things as normal as possible. He says after the initial shock, things become a bit easier. Your wife needs to keep herself occupied with hobbies and household chores. Mums stopped work but shes still doing her gardening and continuing for the time being as a beaver leader.