Page 151 of 156 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1553

Thread: Bewildered and angry

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    So sad but she is now at peace with the Angels x
    Dave:
    Deepest condolences. It was my honour to have met Sharyn and the image of her face remains vividly etched in my memory. Peace now be with you.

Charles

Dave. You've taught the rest of us how to be carers. Don't need any books. We'll just read your daily postings over and over! Thankyou!
    You have been such a model for us all and I'm sure Sharyn felt the same. XX

Forum Member
    Nettie, it has made me question my own mortality and how I want my last days to be. This whole thread, start to finish, over almost twelve months has been a testament to love. I am humbled to be witness to it. Joycie xx

Forum Member
    I am so so sorry to hear of your wife's passing, God Bless you Dave, she's dancing with the Angels now, at peace.x

Thank you all for your kind words, comments and love for my amazing unassuming Sharyn! I had intended to finish the thread but I realised that other matters still have to be undertaken.
    The doctor came and verified that Sharyn was dead and I could arrange for an undertaker. I thought I needed paperwork for this but it seems not. The Marie Curie girls changed Sharyn into her favourite pjs and made her look as beautiful as ever. The district nurse arrived to take out the syringe drive and sort out what items could be kept or taken back to the chemist! This lovely lady started to cry as she had been so impressed by Sharyn and her strength of mind! The mc nurse Nicci who has been an exceptional carer, who made Sharyn laugh out loud in her peculiar way, stayed with me until the undertaker arrived and departed with my Sharyn! I took the medicines back to the chemist, arranged the cremation and contacted Births Deaths and Marriages for an appointment. I contacted NHS to pick up the hospital bed and accessories, little tip if you state that these items by staying will upset you , they arrange a next day pickup!
    Since then I have been getting use to the quiet and being alone! Not grieving alone but no one coming and going and getting the house back! I am not ungrateful for all the care and help but Sharyn felt as if she had no control over her life and home, some days she wanted it to be just us as it was!
    Yes I have cried with a grief I didn't know I had but Sharyn is free of pain and that is all that matters!

Dave, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you. Becky xxx

Forum Member
    Dave, I have followed yours and Sharon's journey on this forum and found your approach and positivity inspirational. What an amazing couple. My thoughts are with you.
    Jo xx

MND Association Digital Media Manager
    Dave, so sorry to hear your news, sending condolences from everyone here at the Association. Claire x

Dave,
    I'm SO sorry for your loss. Words fail. She was such an inspiration to us all. And you, dear man, did the VERY best you could and then some. We have all been privileged to be a part of your journey and hear about brave Sharyn's life.

Love, Lynne
    Be Strong and Courageous!

Yes.This lovely couple have taught me so much about dignity in adversity. I feel honoured to have been a small part in their lives over recent weeks. Hugs to you Dave at this dreadfully sad time. X