Page 113 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1553

Thread: Bewildered and angry

Davec
    Sharyn is going to bed earlier and sleeping later, her eyes still need a bit of a hand to open in the morning! Hopefully the new eye drops will help. Today Macmillan provided us with the lovely aromatherapist Lucy, for me it was bliss relieving some of the tension in my neck and shoulders! Tonight the house rang with laughter as Sharyn, Nikki and Lorraine the Marie Curie nurses held an impromptu girls night for an hour!

Breadnjam
    That sounds great, glad you all had some enjoyment. Love and hugs to you both.
    Love Jam

goldilockz
    Dave, lovely to read your posts and follow your ups and downs on this thread, you're so brave and inspirational. Must be so frustrating for you and what a wonderful husband you are, I can't praise you enough, it's humbling to read about your deep love for Sharyn. Lots of love to you both xxx

Davec
    That is so kind of you Goldilockz!
    At times I don't feel brave today I am scared and a little anxious about Sharyn, her coughing and swallowing are so hard to watch, but she refuses any help! She feels guilty for spoiling my life! She is my life and always will be! Am fortunate in having this forum to express feelings I find so difficult to say out loud! The carers and my incredible doctors will and are there for me, but now I don't know where there is at the moment! It will pass I'm sure! Self pity is another of my human skills, sorry but true!

goldilockz
    You're welcome Dave. I think it's very natural for Sharyn to feel guilty, though obviously she has nothing to feel guilty about. I just think that being involved with MND can make someone question life and the world in general, but coming to this forum and reading your posts definitely is a ray of sunshine and reminds me there are so many wonderful, loving and kind people in the world. Keep posting and keep your chin up, you're doing an amazing job.

Davec
    Another emotive day, it is so difficult to watch Sharyn as I spoon feed her with tea and food. To see someone you love fading is the hardest thing I have ever done, but she manages to remain stoic about what is happening! During a long attempt at conversation she indicated she knows her time is limited and asked me to be brave and to smile while I feed her! It seems I am now to start an acting career but for her I will probably win an Oscar !
    Last edited by Davec; 7th February 2015 at 21:25.

Trevorhb
    I know it is difficult but try and stay strong for her, we are all with you.
    Trevor

Davec
    Last night was not the best I have ever had! As I crawled into bed, Sharyn started coughing and coughing like nothing I had ever heard! Fortunately on a Saturday a Marie Curie nurse provides respite so I can sleep. By the time I got to Sharyn our wonderful nurse was dealing with her and had everything under control! I would have been standing there,with no idea what to do if had been on my own!
    Sharyn slept in later this morning and whilst she still coughs it is not as bad!
    the strain is written all over her face. I hate mnd!!!!!!

Trevorhb
    Me to, it is not until the symptoms get worse that you realise what a terrible disease it is. If you look on the positive side Dave, Sharyn is fighting well and you have so much support which you deserve. The nurses will make sure there is no unnecessary suffering. Stay strong my friend.

Springtime
    Hi Dave, Thinking of you and Sharyn today. You are, as many people have told you doing a wonderful job and Sharyn is so lucky to have you by her side. Keep plodding on Dave and keeping in touch with us all. x