Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new procedure done

new procedure done

Good evening to one an all. Well got Christine home after they did the new super pubic catheter all sems ok hoping now we dont get water infections and expelled ordinary catheters lost count of the number of times ive dialled 111. Because of Christine mnd they took her in via the main ward of local hospital i was still a little dismayed no provision for pureed meal. I selected what i could on 1st night and went to town with a fork to mash to smithereens, i informed the staff soft diet please and they stil offered tea and toast for breakfast which to her credit she refused no wonder i get pedantic about telling everybody everything still dosnt work though, anyway home now so no worries. Take care everyone. Gerald

Forum Member
    Good evening Gerald, glad to hear Christine is home again. I hope the sp cath suits her better. I expect you both will sleep better tonight. No surprises on the mnd special needs front with the ward and food, It doesn't matter how many times we tell them certain things don't sink in. Sleep tight. X

Forum Member
    My husband John had an SPC put in two years ago and its made life so much easier for both of us .We had to change to an open ended catheter after a few months because the one he had in place kept blocking and was being changed every couple of weeks but now with the new one in place he goes around 10 weeks without a change.Hope everything goes well for you both xx Irene

Forum Member
    Hope you and Christine get the outcomes you need Gerald including some good nights. Have you considered making a Christine sheet. This would include essential information, like dietary needs. You could laminate it and stick it above her bed in hospital.
    Magic

Forum Member
    Hi Gerald, glad Christine is home safely. It really makes me angry to think that a hospital that it meant to look after everyone cannot provide a basic meal for an MND sufferer. It beggars belief how ignorant some people are with such basic problems as eating.

The sun is shining today so hopefully a better day.

Love to Christine and of course you and the family. Diane

Forum Member
    Great news. I really wonder what hospitals are actually for sometimes. Population control?

Hope it works well for you both;

Magic, information sheets are fine if people read them, like instruction they are a last result for many and only read when nothing else works, some don't and would leave toast even if the persons mouth was sown shut. Information sheets are a good idea though.

Terry

Evening gang. As usual loads of good advice laminater can be ordered and an idiot sheet printed for them, didnt even get a discharge note and yes 1 nurse. thinks it multi neurone disease. Had a stressful day with pain but ive kept the pain killers topped up so hoping for a quiet night, however ive pushed the fluids and fortisips but no bowel movement for 7 days i mentioned to doctor at hospital but they did not do anything so i will be inbed with the phone in case she presses the alarm, convinced it plays on your mind. Anyway love to you all have a good nights regards gerald

7 days is a long time and I would get your doctor to have a look and maybe provide some suppositories, ones for softening and ones for helping movement.

Good night Gerald, please have a peaceful night. Terry

Forum Member
    Hi Gerald, sorry to hear about Christine's experiences in hospital, I went in 3 weeks ago to have a peg fitted, I was on the endescopic day ward for a few hours but then I got moved to a general ward and that's when my problems started, yet again staff not being thoughtfully looking and taking note of what I could do and they didn't even listen to my mother. I have typed out my experiences and imam having a meeting with the ward manager and staff on Monday. Why should we suffer!