Pip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Denise

They were really lovely, they explained everything to me & made me feel like im not on my own. Dr roberts is gonna send me to packworth hospital just to check my breathing out, but he thinks a lot of it at the moment is because im anxious, he said i need to relax more lol easier said then done. How did you get on?
    Because you was standing up does that mean your legs work or can you just not support yourself your legs on your own! Hope you dont think im being rude by asking im just curious thats all.

Comment

• Denise

We go next fri mags. We want to do a cruise next year. Have a really lovelytime. You can tell me all about your hols & ill tell you about mine. We are going to tenerife for 2 weeks x

Comment

• Terry
        Forum Member
        • May 2012

Hi Denise;

You can ask me anything, no probemo. My appointment is normally a causal affair as my progress is slow.

My legs have weakened over the last year as they have done for six years now. I still shuffle along 15 meters or so with the aid of a walker and can stand and balance for ten minutes or so. It is a real job to lift my feet much now.

Love Terry
        TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• mags55

You have a good holiday too Denise.
          Hi Terry,
          Xxx

Comment

• Denise

At least you can get about & you still have your independence that is lovely to hear Terry.
            Yesterday was a really bad day for me, i just could not stop crying, from the minute i got up that was it. I don't think the girls at work quite new what to do lol. I do think whilst im away i have got to seriously think about packing up work as im so exhausted when i get home & that lasts a couple of days.
            Love Denise x

Comment

Hi, I have just had some good news regarding my Personal Independenace Payment (PIP) claim which an advisor confirmed to me today when I rang I have been awarded the daily living component at enhanced rate and the mobility component at enhanced rate. I am still working full time so this will help with everything I need to plan for with my slow progression

Comment

• Lynne K
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2017

Great news. Lynne
                ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Boiler68
                  Forum Member
                  • Feb 2018

Hi djkc..that must be a weight off your mind...when were you diagnosed? xx

Comment

Hi I wa diagnosed on 30th August this year still in slow progression but yes a big weight off my mind thank you

Comment

• jaffabeach
                      Forum Member
                      • Oct 2018

Hello there I would suggest asking the Consultant or Local hospice for someone who can apply for PIP under special rules if you are termianlly ill

And spend time locating the person to do this rather than making the application yourself.

This make the process simpler and straightforward ( ish )

How MND qualifies for the Special Rules ( see halfway down the page )

As a reminder PIP is not means tested.

Hope this helps

Comment

• Terry
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2012

Hi All;

I've just gone through the painful process of changing to PIP. I will remain on the enhanced rates.

My wife filled the forms in with my help to the best of our ability but I'm bemused at some of my scores.

Preparing food, 4 out of 8. I can't prepare food, I lie, I can bit the top off a banana!

Dressing and undressing, 4 out of 8. I can't get any clothes on or off. I'm lying again, I managed to take a scarf off by myself.

Scored well with cutting and eating my food but give me a sausage and new whole potatoes and I could not cut them up.

Scored similar with washing myself, I done wipe my face after breakfast, clean my teeth and can wash my own hands about half of the time depending on sink etc.

I guess what I'm saying, if you are put on a lower rate, have a good look at your figures and appeal if they look as crazy as mine.

Love Terry
                        TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Kayleigh
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2018

There are further details about the PIP points system on the Citizens Advice website:-

http://https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/how-decisions-are-made/

Love
                          Kayleigh

Comment

• Barry52
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2012

Hi Terry aka Santa,

I’m pleased your move to pip retains the higher award and I agree that the process is laborious. Why oh why do people with a diagnosis of MND still have to go through the process? I like your tongue in cheek humour and the forms take no account of disease progression.

Love,
                            Barry
                            I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Ellie
                              Forum Member
                              • Oct 2012

Yes Terry, I am quite sure you both could do without that form-filling and the stress of waiting for the decision

I wonder what planet the assessors live on

Love Ellie.
                              ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                              Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• matthew55
                                Forum Member
                                • May 2020

Ask your GP to fill in DS1500. You may not be dead in six months but your life is not going to be easy is it? Stay Strong Matthew55
                                Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Working...
                                X