Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Pip

Forum Member
    Hi, I have just had some good news regarding my Personal Independenace Payment (PIP) claim which an advisor confirmed to me today when I rang I have been awarded the daily living component at enhanced rate and the mobility component at enhanced rate. I am still working full time so this will help with everything I need to plan for with my slow progression

Great news. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Hi djkc..that must be a weight off your mind...when were you diagnosed? xx

Forum Member
    Hi I wa diagnosed on 30th August this year still in slow progression but yes a big weight off my mind thank you

Forum Member
    Hello there I would suggest asking the Consultant or Local hospice for someone who can apply for PIP under special rules if you are termianlly ill

And spend time locating the person to do this rather than making the application yourself.

This make the process simpler and straightforward ( ish )

How MND qualifies for the Special Rules ( see halfway down the page )

https://www.mndassociation.org/forpr...-applications/

As a reminder PIP is not means tested.

Hope this helps

Hi All;

I've just gone through the painful process of changing to PIP. I will remain on the enhanced rates.

My wife filled the forms in with my help to the best of our ability but I'm bemused at some of my scores.

Preparing food, 4 out of 8. I can't prepare food, I lie, I can bit the top off a banana!

Dressing and undressing, 4 out of 8. I can't get any clothes on or off. I'm lying again, I managed to take a scarf off by myself.

Scored well with cutting and eating my food but give me a sausage and new whole potatoes and I could not cut them up.

Scored similar with washing myself, I done wipe my face after breakfast, clean my teeth and can wash my own hands about half of the time depending on sink etc.

I guess what I'm saying, if you are put on a lower rate, have a good look at your figures and appeal if they look as crazy as mine.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

There are further details about the PIP points system on the Citizens Advice website:-

http://https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/how-decisions-are-made/

Love
    Kayleigh

Hi Terry aka Santa,

I’m pleased your move to pip retains the higher award and I agree that the process is laborious. Why oh why do people with a diagnosis of MND still have to go through the process? I like your tongue in cheek humour and the forms take no account of disease progression.

Love,
    Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Yes Terry, I am quite sure you both could do without that form-filling and the stress of waiting for the decision

I wonder what planet the assessors live on

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.