Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WAV Partner / Kangoo /Doblo

Hi Darryl;

It's another great equality or not. People over 65 don't get the mobility payment, I guess it goes back several years when many people were not very fit at 65 or they deem that older people don't need it for some reason.

Terry

Forum Member
    Hi Darryl, we did not get motability because Ed is over 65 and according to the powers that be you are not meant to go out after you are 65.

Thanks everyone, we actually bought a Fiat Doblo in April. It was secondhand and cost us 8k. The MND made a contribution of 1000 which was very helpful.mlove to all Diane

Hi;

In a local paper today, there was an advert for the hire of a kangoo type WAV for 50 per day including insurance. Not really a long term option but could be a cheep way of trying one out or for a one off type of use.

Please bear in mind that not all companies do their conversions the same so be careful, as some wheelchairs will fit and be secure in one companies and not in another's.

If they do it in Suffolk they must do it else where.

Terry

Forum Member
    We bought Fiat Doblo 09 year for under 5K sight unseen, online, delivered free with money back option, from Complete Care Shop. It's in really good condition, I drive my power chair up the ramp straight into it. But it is a converted van and very shaky ride in the wheelchair. But, we have mobility and can now go anywhere we choose. Rainey