Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: you know who your true friends are ? Rant for today

Forum Member
    Hi Angela

I too like Pete wonder how people live with themselves? Still, it’s painful when your expectations of friends are not who they turn out to be. Take the high road, don’t waste your time, thoughts and energy on them another moment. As they have just proven to you they are no longer worthy of you and your husband’s friendship.

My Grandfather always said, if you get thru this life with one true friend by your side you’re a lucky, and fortunate person. Never realized how true that is until I got older.

CCxxoo

Forum Member
    Hi Guys n Gals

Thank you all for your wonderful supportive messages, was beginning to think it was me losing the plot but you have all reasssured me although that might be the case lol not in this instance. Its great having a family here that truly understand how I felt about this and knew Mick was too good for them anyway, was just trying to show him he had support, but as you all said we definately don't need them and they are off the xmas list without a doubt, just caught me unawre for a second but normal service is resumed , Thank you all xx Ang
    Last edited by angnmick; 12th April 2014 at 20:54.

I cannot stand that type of behaviour. We experienced it with both friends and family and it really hurt us. I think it makes you stronger as a person and unfortunately in my case it made me very angry towards people. Completely understand where you're coming from.
    Enjoy friendships with the ones who you know truly care.
    Annette xxxx

Forum Member
    Hi Ang,

I am able to match your scumbag and raise you!

My scumbags are from Showtrax International in Bedfordshire. I too had worked and supplied them with goods over years. Thinking I was going to die soon, they withheld 18,000 in payments from my company.

Empty souls.

xx

Forum Member
    Hi Graham

You win hands down, Glad to see you on here, you back home in sunny Bolton yet? x Ang

Forum Member
    Hi Ang,

I'm spending my 566th night in here. The sun is a distant memory, for real. Hey ho, life's a ...

Regards to Mik and you. xx

Forum Member

Rant

Quote Originally Posted by angnmick View Post
    Hi Guys n Gals

Thank you all for your wonderful supportive messages, was beginning to think it was me losing the plot but you have all reasssured me although that might be the case lol not in this instance. Its great having a family here that truly understand how I felt about this and knew Mick was too good for them anyway, was just trying to show him he had support, but as you all said we definately don't need them and they are off the xmas list without a doubt, just caught me unawre for a second but normal service is resumed , Thank you all xx Ang
    Hi Ang,

I lost my bride in September last year and I am only now able to start to enter the forum and discuss issues. It was all too painful for a few years whilst Thea was ill, and without her for the last 7 months..During Thea's illness I read posts and took heart from the good souls who offered advice and free counselling for those most in need. Over that time I saw true strength in our children as they became mine and my wifes rocks...they really stepped up to the mark and kept me sane and Thea encased in love. Many friends stopped calling and coming around, and I put it down to a number of things. In some ways we became a little more insular as we dealt with the day to day, and people sensed we needed that space for a while. Also I think some people genuinely don't deal with other peoples illnesses well and they struggle within themselves, thinking that it may happen to them. Nobody likes to be reminded of our own mortality. It is the people who can forge a way through those self doubts that are truly gold.
    Those who cannot are just plain old humans...and not very special.
    Many of my wifes family (particularly her Stepmother) were the worse offenders (if that is the right term) and this was just mortifying for my family.
    I then came to the realization half way through Thea's journey, that this resentment had the potential to truly destroy my moral and that would then affect my ability to look after my bride properly....so I just let the hate go....threw it in the river as another reader said.
    When we had Theas Celebration Day as we called it after her passing, I invited all relatives and friends....most turned up. Those who didn't I hold no animosity against....I have just gotten on with life. Thea would have wanted that.
    Please try and forgive them....at the very least, forget them. Life will go on . Ian

Forum Member
    Hi Ian

Just had to comment on how beautifully eloquent and moving that was. A lot of wisdom in your words, thank you for sharing it.

CC xoxox

Forum Member
    Hear Hear CC, Ian is so right, if only I could be more like that...sometimes I can be very charitable but at other times things make my blood boil....but maybe if you get it out of your system you can let go....you have an expression over the sea..'don't sweat the small stuff' and I guess that sort of thing comes under that category and there is nothing like you or your loved one getting an incurable illness to focus your mind on what's important.
    Keep fighting the good fight
    with love and a prayer
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXDebbieXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Forum Member
    Well the Charity football match an auction evening went off without a hitch and Pete and Vikki raised over 7850 for MND we are bursting with pride and to top it off our Pete won the winning goal
    https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...76142584_n.jpg