Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extension for wet room.

Hi Steve
    A closomat dose not stand u up

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Hi Steve
    A closomat dose not stand u up
    I assumed the seat lifting device was some sort of lifting function. Got that wrong !!
    I will still go for the Bio Bidet though. Thanks for putting me straight.

Regards
    Steve

Forum Member
    If you need a reclining shower chair in the future it won't fit over the Bio-bidet. That's why I have gone for the Closomat with funding assistance from the MNDA.
    Tessa

Do not dwell on the things you cannot change, instead put your energy into those you can!

Forum Member
    Hi Steve, if you are considering a Clos-o-mat I have a new one for sale which has never been used. Cost Nearly 3000 will accept 1500. Bill

Forum Member
    Hi Bill
    I will be seeing my OT this week to run through all the options and decide on the best one to suit my current and future needs.
    I wll PM you if I take you up on your kind offer.

Regards
    Steve

Forum Member
    Hi guys,

We are also having all these problems! Had bio bidet fitted which we now realise won't work with the shower chair and can't afford 3k for a Gerberit or closomat. MNDA have offered 1500. Billfriend - if Big Steve doesn't take up your offer, we will happily buy the clos o mat from you! Will you keep us posted?

Hi Miss Bloomsbury and welcome to the forum;

Steve's post was quite a while ago so. Can I ask why the Bio Bidet doesn't work with the shower chair, people have done it by removing the sensor on the seat that requires you to sit on it. It is a recognized modification.

You can also get some chairs with skirts that sit in to the loo seat to stop most spillages.

Love terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Hi Terry, thanks for your interest. The shower chair won't go back far enough over the bio bidet because the controls are raised and in the way. So my husband finds it impossible to position over the toilet bowl. A Gerberit has controls under the seat level with the tollet bowl. It causes him a great deal of anxiety but we really can't afford to pay 3k! and the MNDA Assoc. Have been generous but only offered 1.5k. Which is why I'm interested in BILL's clos o mat. I do know that if you use a strip of copper paper, stuck on the sensor part of the bio bidet seat, it will override the sensor control and be permanently 'on'

Thanks Miss B;

I thought that some chairs would go over or fit OK but I'm not positive. Where do you stick the copper strip and can you put a photo up if possible. I doubt you can so don't worry,

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Miss B,

Can the OT get him a height adjustable or higher shower chair? Much cheaper than new loo.

Ellie x.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.