Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyegaze

Forum Member

Eyegaze

Well, the NHS have really come up trumps! Just a few weeks and I have a fantastic hi tech system. Im having lots of teething problems but the help and back up support is just brilliant. My hands are dire, I think twice before typing anything so it will be a real boon. I felt a word of praise for the nhs was in order. Joan

Forum Member
    I would be interested to read a weekly report on your progress Joan as such comms aids are the future for many of us living with MND. As for a word of praise for the NHS how about a book full of praise ? Where would we be without their care delivered FOC and usually with a smile?

Well done Joan, enjoy!

Forum Member
    I will be happy to give updateś, lim really excited about it. The speech part is easy, I just need to speed up . I have sent some emails but it's a learning curve, watch this space! Joan x

Forum Member
    Hi Joan
    That's great news! I agree re the NHS! In the space of a few weeks - my mum also has been loaned a light writer and is busy practising! She's 78 so it's super high tech for her! Her hand is terrible but the therapist said that there's lots of other stuff that can be adapted as things progress and she's going to keep in touch. She's spent a lot of time going through everything with us at home.
    Good luck with the eye gaze!!
    Sarah

Hi Sarah;

I think that the light writer is probably from the Mnda not NHS. The speech therapist might have refereed her to them.

It is really useful if Mnd people have computer type skills for communication. It is so hard to learn when older. The light writer is fairly logical and your mum will lean OK hopefully.

Best wishes, Terry

Hi everyone i know joan posted this thread i was wondering if anyone has heard how she is i have sent pm,s but still waiting on replies. I knew she hadnt been well would love to know how things are and the eye glaze system is going.

Gerald

Forum Member
    Hi all
    Eyegaze equipment, visit The Eye Tribe http://theeyetribe.com/ they are working on Android OS as well as Windoze (sic) 7 and 8.
    Dewi

Thanks for that Dewi;

It is very interesting and it's nice to have things that work on the cheaper Android devices. I Pads are quite expensive and it is good to hear of communication that work well on other tablets.

Terry

Sorry to dash anyone’s hopes, but The Eye Tribe doesn’t work with applications. It’s a tool for Software Developers to help them develop applications that use eyegaze technology. Here’s hoping they devote some of their brain power to develop assistive technology and not just to gaming!