Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Mum

My Mum

Mum went into our local Hospice on Saturday because the pain was getting too much. I found out Sunday afternoon, my boys and I were due to goto see her yesterday. Yesterday lunch time my step mum came round and told us that she died yesterday morning. Basically she went to sleep and never woke up.

She will be having a Humanist ceremony and be cremated and her ashes will be scattered at a place on the coast that she loved.

My boys and I hadn't been to see her for a few weeks mainly due to colds, but also because I couldn't face watching her slowly die anymore, having been at my dads bedside while he died. I know she understood and I know she wanted the boys to remember her in a good way.

I know that certain members of my family will judge me for those choices, but I don't care. It was the right choice for us.

Now I have to deal with ds1's guilt of not being upset enough and ds2's acting out and asking random questions.

Mum had Bulbar Palsy and she fought it for 5 years. Rip Mum

I'm so sorry for your loss Caramel. We all deal with it differently, there is no right or wrong. Will be thinking of you and yours x

Sorry for your loss
    Remember judge not less you be judged
    X

Thank you.

Forum Member
    Very sorry for your loss Caramel, I'm sure though your heart is broken you will have good memories to cherish,
    with love and a prayer
    XXXXXXDebbieXXXXX

Forum Member
    So sorry Caramel for your loss. Don't worry about anyone else. We all have the right to deal with things in our own way. I hope that all the good memories you have will get you through these difficult times. Love. Diane

So sorry to read your news.
    I am sure your Mum wouldn't judge you harshly and nobody else's views matter. I hope all goes well at the funeral. It is very civilised that your step mum should be the one to come and break the news.

John

Forum Member
    Sorry to read about your mum.

Please accept my condolences for your loss Caramel. Only you could have decided on how best to deal with the situation you faced and what others think is irrelevant. May you and your family take comfort from the memories of good times passed.
    Best wishes,
    Barry

Caramel. Please accept condolences from christine and myself. Having just gone through what you have i know how you feel. Do not judge yourself caramel you did whay you thought was right for you snd your boys and no doubt you will all take the memories you wish. God bless to you and all your family at this sad time.
    Christine and gerald xxxx