Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: problem with left foot

Tikitiboo?
    Dear Charles

I think I might qualify for the rollator rumba .... from walking stick (September 2014) to an awful rollator suffle from Christmas 2014. I was diagnosed in December 2014.

Thank you for your interest Charles.

Love Anna

Jock
    Post-diagnosis Charles five months tops in my case. There can be some difficulty with that measurement of time though due to diagnosis times varying so much between us. Jock.

Forum Member
    Jock:

Thanks so much for your reply. I am still managing to commute and work but I know I am deteriorating and commuting is becoming increasingly difficult and precarious. I estimate I have until Easter to work. Its so heartbreaking to end my career because I cannot get there. I have a sedentary job so could mentally continue but the mobility is going to rule me out shortly. Stopping work is heartbreaking for all of us MND sufferers. i saw the Hawking movie and saw how he could work. But my circumstances (of needing to commute) is different and the workplace appetite would probably be different. I am at the cane at work stage and think, like you, I am down to the last three months.

Charles

Jock
    Charles - You may able to use a walker or wheelchair to commute for longer than three months. I may have been able to do another month or two, but it all too much hassle and the World Cup in Brasil was waiting for me on TV.

willsandco
    No chance of working from home then, Charles? A lot of firms have the capacity to do that - or they can adapt and evolve perhaps! It is a shame to stop because it stops all the social interaction as well, Love Joycie x

Alan Livett
    Hi Charles. I continued to work for 18 months after I was diagnosed. Through Access to Work I obtained a grant to help pay for my contribution towards a wheelchair accessible vehicle from Motorbility. If i hadn't got a WAV, access to work would have paid for a taxi to and from work. Regards. Alan

Forum Member
    Alan and Willsando:

Thanks for the comments. More than anything your constructive suggestions galvanize my will to continue at all costs. I have a sedentary (and cerebral) job. I am determined to show people at work that my brain is not compromised. I want them to understand that I have a neuromuscular condition. I have a physical battle not an intellectual one. I am sure you (ieg Allen) faced this same dilemma.

thanks again

Charles