Thread: New User.

Forum Member

New User.

Hi,

Not a new user to forums, but a new user to this one.......... I guess unfortunately.

My mother, my idol, my world got diagnosed this week with MND.

I'm here for support, guidance, questions, quotes, advice and help.....my mind is spinning, I'm STILL all over the shop.

I fully understand where we're at, I have no idea where we're going...

This is still hugely raw for me, I've gone back to work, I'm trying to cope.

Anyway, hi.

I'll be the one asking questions....

Sorry that you find yourself here with your mum but you are very welcome. We hope you get advice, support and a bit more from the forum as time goes on. Being newly diagnosed, it's impossible to get your head around it and your mind will go through many thoughts and emotions. There are quite a few people here that are fairly newly diagnosed and hopefully they will be able to help you.

Best wishes, Terry

Hi and welcome. I can well imagine that your mind is spinning its a lot to take in. You have taken the first step and this is the place to get all the help and support you will need. Sending a hug to you and mum. Take care and visit us regularly. Regards gerald

Forum Member
    Cheers, thank you...

So sorry to hear about your mum, but this is a great place to be for help and support. my dad was recently diagnosed and I've found it helpful to try and take it a day at time, and not think too much about the future. not sure if this would help you. it's early days and anyone would feel the same as you. best wishes to you and your mum. Becky x

Sorry to hear about your mum and that you have to be here. This is certainly the right place to ask questions and get things off your chest x

Forum Member
    Welcome, you will find this forum and the MNDA a great source of help and information. To be honest most GP's have little or no knowledge of the condition, so we all have to go elsewhere for help and advice.

Forum Member
    Brother has flown in from holland, think it's shocked him seeing mum today...

Feel like I should of been there...

Going down tomorrow with my kids... (Keep thinking how I'm going to tell my daughter, she's just grown really close to her grandma)

Hoping for a lovely day in the sun, just family...

Blame, blame, why didn't we do this more often etc etc..

Have a good weekend all.