Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: forced respite

forced respite

Evening everyone. Wel got christine into nursing home today for 4 weeks. So plenty of respite time down side to it is an appointment tomorrow with surgeon and a brand new shiny knee. Been busy getting organised though wine rack full, beers in fridge ready meal in freezer and new batteries in the remote. Well nurse said you will rest or else and given she was a ringer for hattie jacques im not arguing. Its early night for me but will catch up with uou all as soon as possible. Big hugs to everyone take care.

Gerald

Forum Member
    Will be thinking of you tomorrow Gerald. Know your going to do just great!! Good to know your Christine is in good hands.

Enjoy the beer and wine! Since you already have the wine would bring you over my famous chicken parmigiana, with rigatoni pasta and warm garlic bread, if only you lived a little closer …treat yourself to a nice meal when you can, and freeze the left over ready-meals!

Save your strength and take good care of yourself. Remember to dust of your dancing shoes and save the last dance for me

Good luck
    CC xoxox

Hello Gerald and Christine, I wish you a great time in respite Christine, please have lots of fun. And Gerald, i do not think it is recommended to drink wine after surgery, so do hope you will behave.
    Will send good healing thoughts your way all day today . Wishing you a quick recovery. Warm wishes from down under.

Marieline

Hope it all goes well Gerald,
    Four weeks wil soon pass but do not overdo anything after the surgery. Gentle therapy.

John

Hope it all goes well....keep us posted!

Forum Member
    Good luck Gerald, I will be thinking of you and say a prayer that you will soon be able to sing and do the actions to: heads, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes......it will also be a relief to know that Christine is in good hands...
    you get well soon, all things in moderation, but a little of what you fancy does you good....CC's menu sounded mouthwateringly delicious, those Italians sure know how to whet our appetites!!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDebbieXXXXXXXXXXXXOOOO

Forum Member
    Hi Gerald hope that everything goes well with the op. Christine I am sure will be in safe hands. Take care. Love Diane

I will be down there in a few days Gerald with those nurses as it looks like Cc and Ellie have let us down.

Best wishes, Terry

I think you will have to go up to find Gerald. Check your sat nav before you start your journey.

John

Forum Member
    Sorry my Prince Charming to have missed the party, I’ve been preoccupied with my other Italian Knight on this side of the pond . Please do bring Gerald your four nurses and their skillful suction techniques, I’m sure he’ll find them more enjoyable then my chicken parmigiana! LOL
    Last edited by ccinjersey; 11th July 2014 at 23:16.