Thread: Positive action

Positive action

I'm so proud of my hubby, Trevor.
    He's tried so hard to raise MND awareness ever since he was diagnosed in March ... telling everyone what he's got and not shying away from it.
    The latest attempt was to invite a reporter from the local paper to do an article about his experience of the disease.
    The reporter came round and patiently listened to everything Trevor had to say ( bearing in mind that his speech is now pretty poor) The photographer took a really lovely photo of him in the garden. Trevor had a huge grin on his face as usual!
    The result was an excellent article. Well done Trevor, I say, for doing this.
    If anyone would like to see the article it's in the "introduce yourself" section of this forum.

Kind thoughts and prayers to all you wonderful carers and sufferers alike.

Nettie B

He is lucky to have you by his side Nettie. You sound very supportive and optimistic. Good on you trevor for creating awareness on this scary disease. Best wishes Marieline

Forum Member
    Well done and best wishes to you both. Your story sounds so similar to ours, particularly the 'smile'!

Forum Member
    it is really good to have a face behind the name, Trevor. You were diagnosed around the same time as me! I know what you mean about speech. I too lectured, gave talks, generally caused mischief and mayhem and, yes, it is hard for all those close to us. Perhaps I should see our local paper and get my photo published as well! (bit like Facebook!) We can only, as you say, deal with one day at a time!

Well ... talk about success is "spreading the word" about MND. Trevor's article for the local rag has made it to California ... and beyond!!
    A dear friend I met on holiday in Spain just before I met Trevor on the internet in 2006 has received it via Facebook. She is "sharing" with her many friends ... lots of whom will be OTHER people she has met on her numerous global travels!
    Well done Trevor!
    Nettie B

Great nettie you must be so proud of trevour we all are

Lots of love gerald

Good for you Nettie that's the way. Keep putting positive stuff out there and someday someone will get hold of it and take it out there to everyone. When you feel positive go with it. When you don 't talk to friends or forumites, and wait for things to pass. Xx