Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sad state of care

sad state of care

Sadly i find myself writing aout care again it was bad enough recovering from major surgery to get text from mmydaughter as to how christine was doing, sadly the folowing is anexample of what i was told. Ist i printed off info sheets i printed a christine sheet and the mnd team sent in dietry do, and donts. Ist problem christine reported she wanted the toilet 6am she says she wears a pad so just do it in that, my daughter saw them prepare a meal poached egg on toast hving been told no toast to me softdietisnot rocket science i can achiee it every day. It seems they took the carer to task because apparently carer was nice the next day. Christine reported same type of incident today jo rang the manager who gave a different story apparently they were un sure how to lift her. It was then asked if the carers had routine access to a care plan apparently this is not the case locked away data protection act that is stupi what also concrns me manger took a form into christine showing that they had dealt with the issue and asked her to sign it which she did problem here is christine wont really rember what day it is and anyone charged with carering would know that. The home did admit to jo they hve never nursed anmnd patient. Our team have been kept up to speed and are taking steps to correct educate etc. One thing i did do the nurse looking after me was great so i rang the things above passed her she was horrified and lets just say its gone to the top. My socisl worker has also initiated an enquiry.
    Sorry for going on just want everyone who may find themselves in my position care home are not all they seem it pays to look around but short of recommendations how do we know how good they are.

Anyway rant over hope terry got his food parcel by carrier pigeon sounds tasty would have the carrier pigeon for seconds. Behving not mixiny rend wine and pain killers so still loads of wine to share terry

Best wishess everyone

Gerald

Hi Gerald,
    No surprise then, the countless times we get hear about the standard of care given to those who deserve much better, I cannot understand why this callous service is allowed to continue ,there isn't a day goes by that we get to read of hear about this really poor standard of care, is it because those employed have no feelings and just don't do their job ,or is it just a question of you pay peanuts you attract monkeys , either way it's long overdue for some weeding out of these service providers ,because they are failing to provide what they are paid to do, worse still they are doing more harm to vulnerable people that surely needs addressing .
    Hope your being treated better, my next door neighbour has had both hips and both knees done and now the one hip is failing having worn out prematurely , but he says the years given pain free was worth the surgery . Hope you recover quickly .

Regards
    Pete
    All I need is a miracle

Forum Member
    My heart goes out to you and Christine, thank goodness your daughter was able to be around.....you are recovering and dont need any more stress, I am so sorry, this just is not good enough...I'm afraid all I can do is keep ranting a problem shared is a problem halved, although it clearly isn't really, but talking does help especially with people who feel what you are going through....
    My eagle intercepted the food parcel....I took the red wine and the anti pasti, but I left the main body of the food for Terry, he needs building up.....so I'm drinking for several of you....and will sign off in my inimitable fashion....I do hope tomorrow is a better day for Christine and for you ...
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXDebbieXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXOOO

Forum Member
    Hope all went well and your on your way to a speedy recovery Gerald. Of course the wine would help, soon enough. Sorry to hear about Christine’s care, just so unacceptable. Maybe constant complaining will help, and bring some needed results.

Debbie very slick of you to send your eagle to intercept my Italian feast meant for Gerald. You know Terry’s Freddy is not to bright and no match for an eagle. Was it the bald eagle ? if so I’m surprise he didn’t bring it back to US customs, maybe a double agent eagle, better keep an eye on that bird! lol Enjoy the wine, and do send my Italian Knight the rest of Gerald’s Italian meal.

Gerald will prepare you another! Will send it undercover with Terry’s four nurses. Nourishment and nurses are sure to speed up your recovery! Feel better soon

CCxoxo
    Last edited by ccinjersey; 17th July 2014 at 01:34.

Dear Graham, This is sad news, i hope that you are able to shake them and get the right response from your bed. You will be forced now to heal as quickly as possible so you can make sure that Christine receives the right care. Here i was thinking she was going to be on a mini holiday, but i was wrong. And this brings to light how vulnerable those of us with this disease is. I am happy that your daughter is able to be on hand, obviously there is a lack of training, bad management, and that is a global Nursing home epidemic. Look after yourself and heal quickly. Best wishes Marieline

This makes me so cross I find it hard to put into words....thank goodness you've got some support around you Gerald and that your daughter is helping to ensure that Christine is cared for. Why does everything have to be such a fight!

Hope your recovery is going well and that the issues of Christine's care are sorted tout suite!

Forum Member
    Dear Gerald, so sorry to hear how Christine is being treated. It is now excuse that they have never cared for anyone with MND, they should have made the effort to find out and you did,supply all the information they needed. Thank goodness for our kids, what would be do without them. I hope that the knee is healing well and that you will soon be pain free. Give Christine all our love and hope that as soon as you are mobile she can be back in your loving caring arms. Take care both of you? Love Diane

Hi Debbie. Thought i was feeling hungry had to make do with chilli and rice and a little wine. Cc will make sure a replacement will arrive so canyou control yor eagle for a bit. Seriously taking it easy to let things recover four nurses should help. Had social worker to day who is doing a full investigation, she is also arranging help to come in to ensure i dont over do it. Thanks for your concerns keep you posted take care everyone

Gerald

Forum Member
    Gerald
    That really is terrible, but sad to say I'm not surprised. Poor Christine. Why does everything have to be so difficult. My mum had to spend some time in a care home whilst we built our extension last year. They sold it to us as a luxury break - 'think of it as a relaxing break and let us look after you sort of thing!!It was very similar to the situation you describe. I really hope it gets sorted out for Christine and you make a speedy recovery .Thinking of you both. Sarah x

Sent from my iPhone

Forum Member
    So sorry you are having to fight Christine's corner again. I am busy following the complaints procedure with several agencies and know how frustrating it is. Can only advise that you get as much as possible in writing as can prove to be a bigger incentive than the spoken request. I hope you are healing Gerald and do ring if you need to rant.

Magic