Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone - Diagnosed June 17, 2014

Smile Hello Everyone - Diagnosed June 17, 2014

Hello all,
    I was diagnosed about a month ago. It has been an emotional roller coaster of sorts. I see a doctor in an ALS Clinic. (ALS is the name of Motor Neurone Disease here in the states) I think I am still in shock over this. I have to try VERY hard to stay in the moment. I cannot, right now, think of what is ahead.

I wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

Lynne

Welcome BlueEyesOhio
    None of us want to be a member of this exclusive club, in fact , this is one club that wants no members at all, hopefully that day will come!
    There are people of all ages and at all stages of this horrendous disease and the knowledge of the forumites is vast so use it!
    Davec xx
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Hi Lynne and welcome to the club. Sorry about you diagnosis and empathise with your desire to live for today. I am not sure what brings you over the pond but I am certain you will find support here with all you encounter.

John

So sorry to hear of your diagnosis but you've come to the right place, we're a supportive friendly bunch and many have a rather naughty sense of humour which helps no end

Welcome Lynne;

It takes sometime to get your head straight and move forward. We will be there to help in any way we can.

Best wishes, Terry

Forum Member
    Hi Lynne and welcome. Sorry for your diagnosis, and need to be here, but you have come to the right place for advice, comfort, acknowledge and support. You will find there is always a shoulder to cry on or lean here from an amazing bunch of caring and understanding people.

All the best to you in the days ahead.

CCxxx

Hi Blue Eyes,

Along with the other members just adding my welcome to you, a blue eyed blonde member that news has lifted my day , The shock is very upsetting but like the rest of us you will cope ,just seems impossible at the moment, it is very important that you stay positive ,not easy to do ,but it really is a matter of not sinking into despair and living the rest of your life . All of us have down days what's important is you make the better days count !!!, no one can tell how it will progress as we all seem to be very individual so don't listen to the endless negative information about ALS/ MND just get on doing as much as you can !every day from now on will have a new meaning to you , anytime you want to chat or just join in on threads your very welcome. To the UK forum look forward to hearing from you Lynne.

Regards
    Pete
    All I need is a miracle

Welcome Lynne

Hi lynne just adding my welcome to thi fabulous forum i hope we can be of help and support you will find we are now a league of nations all sharing hopes,dreams experiences etc there is also some good humour mixed in it all helps look forward to your inputs please visit us often.

Take care lots of hugs fom over here take care gerald

Hey there,
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I feel a close kinship and affinity to Brits. My ancestors on my mom's side come from the UK. I watch everything I can on satellite that has a Brit origin. Love the old Brit-coms!

I went to my 1st physical therapy session. She said I was doing fine and she was impressed with my strength. I used to run on the treadmill 2-3 miles a day. All of that is gone now. :-( Alas, I need to focus on the "now" and not look at regrets from the past.

I have a wonderful carer in my husband. He has really taken control of things and does most of the cooking and cleaning. He is one special man!

I am a little ticked at everyone telling me how well I am doing. I have lost SO much! (a little rant) I go from couch and TV to chair and computer, then back to couch. That's my life. I have lost a significant amount of mobility already.

Yes, back to reality, I am SO grateful for SO many things! I guess being just past 1st month after diagnosis I'm still in shock and denial, anger and grief. I had a 3 hour cry yesterday. It seems I need to be honest about things and that was what I was feeling. It was way over the top. I started to cry over - no broccoli in the fridge. Yes, that's right, it's all I needed to start the "water-works" broccoli Sheesh!

Again, I appreciate the warm welcome. I look forward to sharing with all of you in future.

Lynne Miki - studio.jpg