Thread: Alstdi

Alstdi

This was posted on their forum yesterday. Rob Goldstein is their most senior official who posts on the forum from time to time. His post this time was in response to a question about a comment from one of alstdi 's executives about hints of a possible treatment coming out of alstdi. He talks of weeks so fingers crossed he is right. Whether it will be possible to roll this out internationally I do not know but I am sure it could happen fairly quickly if al the knowledge is sound and can be shared. Alstdi is a not for profit organisation like the mnda so a push for profit should not stand in the way of sharing.

RobGoldstein
    Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:31:58 PM
    hey ya'll, sorry i have been distant.
    the recording is online here: http://www.als.net/Archive/07102014/Webinars/

its A LOT of inforamtion and a lot to summarize. I will say that we covered a number of topics, ranging from taking things that have drug like properties and making them into drugs using medcem techniques, we covered programs in immune, NMJ and proteostasis approaches and where some of those are at and yes, did hit on our precision medicine program which utilizes IPS technology as part of it. The personalized part of that is meant to come out of combining genetics, with cell biology, with clinical presentation, with progression rates and location all together to lead to a drug(s) for each patient. It is going to take a lot of work, but we have been laying groundwork, developing expertise and making investments in order to industrialize the approach over the last 18 months. We should be able to lay out the next steps for broad particiaption in the coming few weeks.

I am not a medical professional. None of the statements I make are meant as medical advise. My comments are for informational and educational purposes only. The views I express here are mostly my own and do not reflect the opinion of ALS TDI. I am a staff person at ALS TDI and you can contact me anytime at rgoldstein@als.net or 617-441-7295. I am also the moderator of this ALS Forum so please email or call me with questions or concerns.

John

Forum Member
    Hi John,

Thanks for sharing this. It seems like all the prospective candidate treatments are making themselves known before we all sign up for BrainStorm.

It sounds amazing to me but something that may well provide a solution. There seem to be people around who manage with blood tests and gene tests to start to remedy where their body is not " normal" . Not all of us could do this but you would think the medical profession could. If it can be demonstrated to work it must be a lot less expensive to the country to repair people's bodies rather than provide support and treatment as the illness progresses. If the NHs do not have the resources to do it then pay the private sector. If this illness could become manageable that would be fantastic. If Brainstorm is a cure then even better.

John