Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: talking things

+1 for predictable if you can get it from your SALT. The only problem with a lot of the apps is that you have to type out each word. Predictable learns from your input and gives you suggestions. I am at the stage where I can construct sentences with very few presses.

Forum Member
    Good morning Kevin, like you speech is becoming difficult for me. Cos I'm surrounded by Salts (wife,daughter & MND team SALT) I am never short of advice. There is a free NHS service called the Augmentative & Alternative Communication Service to which your SALT can refer you to. They can assess your needs now and going forward, they can identify the best hardware and software for you and, I believe, provide it free of charge. Why NHS professionals keep this service "under wraps" I don't know (probably funding issues) but it's there so go for it. If you need contact details PM me. For me the big plus with my laboured speech is that I now think BEFORE I open my mouth !

Keep fighting ! Ian

Forum Member
    I have predictable by therapy and it is amazing. I tend to only use it with friends and family who have the patience to wait for me to tap out the words but I am getting quite fast as it now. But out and about I normally have a pen and paper although I have been thinking of investing in a boogieboard (much like a Spirograph!) My speech therapist got me predictable, presuming through NHS. I wouldn't be without it now. My speech has almost disappeared. In fact, I am reaching for communication devices more and more these days. Hope you find something that suits you.

Hello All
    quick up date S.A.L.T. has given me an old skywriter they said the app and pad are up to me but they have completed the paperwork for M.N.D.A There is a grant available so see what comes . There was some strange questions on the grant aplication . they wanted to know if i would contribute to the cost and how much if in a lump sum or per week . I just wrote give me the grant i will make up the shortfall i need this kit.
    thanks all
    kevin

thanks for your help every one I took delivery of a new pad and app from M.N.D.A A big thankyou to them and everyone who told me what to do

Forum Member
    That's great news Kevin.

Hi;

I have been trying to develop and make a talking box that would hold about five messages and then could speak them out loud when m tablet or lightwriter was not around. Something small to stick on my wheelchair arm if I'm in the gym or don't want to carry a bigger thing.

I did make something but also followed up some leads and ended up in the blind society.

They ordered me a "Multi Memo" from "Talking Things" about 13 and saves 60 messages and talks for a maximum of six minutes. It is loud enough and is quite easy to scroll through a dozen messages.

You can view the product here:- http://www.talkingproducts.com/educa...ulti-memo.html

I have asked them a few questions but it's nearly what I wanted but better.

Terry

Forum Member
    I'm sure that was an electronic game my friend had in the 80s - Simon. I was green with envy.

Seriously it looks very good and an ideal option for some of the regular comments when other equipment is not readily accessible. Not too expensive either.

If the sound is quiet get Blue tooth speaker. Mine is loud enough to wake the dead let alone interrupt the good ladies discussing important things.

David