Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Barking up the wrong tree?

Forum Member
    so many of us will be thinking of you, Alison. What a brilliant friend you were to her xx

What a nice idea. I've changed my pic too and will be thinking of you xxx Becky

Forum Member
    Alison

The poppy is an everlasting symbol of those who are no longer in our care but will gently remind us this spring time of Jean and all friends who have passed on. The life of the poppy is much like our own it blooms in the springtime and in the twilight it has gone. Yet in the short while it is with us its simplicity and colour truly inspires but like the eternal poppy soon our work is also done. When at the next springtime the Poppy blooms again and reminds us of beautiful memories, forever to remain.

You truly cared and loved Jean

My thoughts are with you all

Kelvin

Forum Member
    Kelvin what beautiful thought provoking words. X
    Evil triumphs when good men stand by and do nothing.

image.jpg

For Jean and Alison

Dave xx
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Forum Member
    Thanks Springtime.

Like Alison the Poppy is very poignant for me as my truly inspirational younger brother died on the 5/11/1995. The following week poppies were worn to remember the fallen during conflicts. Despite my brothers severe disability, from his disease, he was always cheerful, very much the kay sera sera person. I wish I carried his what will be will be attitude but that's not the case. We all loved him dearly and the poppies remind us of his care for everyone and the inspiring memory he has given us. This springtime I believe Alison will find the poppies, very comforting as they will be natures way of respecting Jeans memory. A small flower can mean so much.

Kelvinx

Thank you all so much for your kind wishes and Kelvin that was lovely.

Sorry I haven't posted as my internet has been down for four days and could only manage basic facebook on my mobile.

My family all wore Poppies and Sophie painted our nails with Poppies too. The service was lovely and she went in with Meatloafs " Bat out of Hell" and also had Sailing by Rod Stewart. Jeans family made a special thank you to me, Robert, Sophie and Emily which was really appreciated and we were provided with a car. Shirley from MNDA attended and it was nice to meet her as we had spoken on the phone before.

6 of Jeans carers also attended which was lovely too. She was also reunited with Turbo as his ashes were put into the coffin, and they were both pictured on the order of service.

I would once again like yo thank everyone on this forum for your help, support and friendship. It really does make all the difference.

Lots of love.

Alison x

Alison,
    Thank you SO much for sharing your Jean with us. It personally helped me to hear both sides of the story. Hearing from a carer was informative.

How nice that they got to put Turbo's ashes in with Jean.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))) )))))

Lynne
    Be Strong and Courageous!