Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Heston on BBC 'Doctors' Soap, Weekdays 1.45pm, Coming Down With MND?

Forum Member

Is Heston on BBC 'Doctors' Soap, Weekdays 1.45pm, Coming Down With MND?

Hi All,

Are the BBC really going to expose the viewing public to the horrors of MND?

Steve
    I don't see how this would work.

They normally like short snappy stories to keep viewers interested, that's why Hayley in Corri had pancreas cancer, short, snappy and to the point. Pull in the viewers and move on.

They can't do that realistically with MND. I can't see how they could do it properly, for a start are they going to have him waiting 6 months+ for a dx?

wooz
    probably not, probably a brain tumour

Forum Member
    Noted.

It is interesting however as Heston has memory problems and is showing signs of emotional lability. He has had a MRI scan.

The BBC even depicted a rather arrogant neuro giving poor old Doctor Heston plenty of attitude. He had him walking up and down, which brought back memories.

Forum Member
    Heston got his MRI scan results back within 2 days! Fantastic NHS. Maybe because patient is a doctor?

Not a tumour. 'Worse' is suspected. Maybe dementia but we'll have to wait and see, said doctor.

Maybe next week, Steve! 0/10 BBC

Steve
    World record fastest DX based on one test! We will see.

Forum Member
    Heston has already had his memory assessment at the memory clinic. No waiting lists in this make-believe! Should get results next week. NHS on steroids!

TJ_ASG
    I wish I had gone to Holby City A &E after one my falls, I'd have been diagnosed within the hour!

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Heston has already had his memory assessment at the memory clinic. No waiting lists in this make-believe! Should get results next week. NHS on steroids!
    I don't even remember having a memory test, oh dear, can't be a good sign.

Forum Member
    Hi All,

Philippa from our MNDA has secured a character in a popular soap that will come down with MND.

It is for us to make the portrayal of having MND as realistic as possible.

It would seem that early in the new year it will happen. But that would be the first mistake in the portrayal of MND.

Clearly if a main soap character is going to come down with MND, it obviously won't be familial MND because MND would have featured previously as the ticking time bomb that could explode at ány time for that character.

So it must be sporadic.

It would be challenging to portray the muscle wasting of ALS, so is the character going to have PLS?

First thoughts.