Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jubilee Automotive Group

TJ_ASG

Jubilee Automotive Group

Has anyone had any dealings with this company?

They took a 500 deposit from us to secure a viewing; when we heard nothing after 3 weeks, not even a date for a viewing, we asks for our money back, which they are refusing to do.

Trading Standards say we have no legal right to a refund; we have heard this is not the first time they've conned people out of money this way.

Hi Tessa;

Sorry to hear this, can you tell us more.

Regards Terry

Treelover
    We bought a WAV from Jubilee earlier in the year. They were very good indeed. The viewing was arranged by phone for a few days later and we bought the vehicle. They have been good with a problem that has occurred since too. No issues. It seems very strange.

TJ_ASG
    Certainly Terry
    End of July we were WAV shopping and one of the vehicles we were considering was a Chrysler Voyager. Jubilee were advertising a pre-owned one for sale so we called them to arrange a demo. The salesman insisted the only way to secure the vehicle viewing was to pay a deposit as it would be very popular. After asking twice if the deposit was refundable if we decided it was not for us FOR ANY REASON and being told yes on both occasions I handed over the 500 using a debit card.
    3 weeks later we were still waiting for a date for the demo so, time being of the essence, we told JAG we wanted to cancel and asked for our money back. They responded by saying we had not given them the opportunity to fulfil their part and therefore the deposit was not being returned. They referred to the Ts &Cs on an order I've never seen.

They're now not responding to emails and I can't phone them as my voice isn't up to it.

Any advice or assistance would be welcome.

Tessa

Hi Tessa;

Thanks for that. Treelover do you know if you dealt with the same person?

I would ask Mnda connect (by email) to phone them to explain the situation and ask for your money back as you can't talk well enough.

You can go to your bank, although it is not a credit card you still have certain rights in using it and as they have failed to deliver what they were contracted to do.

You can go to the small claims court but it's not a route I would take without someone doing it for me.

We could try a bit of emotional blackmail buy me emailing them and threatening to tell many of the disability web sites what they have done to a vulnerable person. I am sure they did not mean to take your money, PM me if you would like me to contact them. If I fail maybe everyone can email or phone them.

Finally if all else fails we can send in Cc's heavies after they have finished with me.

Kind Regards Terry
    Last edited by Terry; 1st September 2014 at 18:47.

ccinjersey
    LOL Yes Terry, Uncle Vinny and Frankie are always available to help out, it would be their pleasure.

Sorry this has happened Tessa, hope you can get in all sorted out, and most importantly your money back.

CC xxoo

pete
    Hi Terry,

That's very odd Jubilee are one of the largest suppliers of Wavs and are a long established company, the guy we saw was really helpful and I beleive Roy bought his WAV from there with no issues, as they have more than one salesperson ,maybe it's worth contacting the Md and explaining the situation. What's strange is normally you test drive a vehicle then if it's for you you then reserve it with a deposit, . It sounds much more like a misunderstanding on both sides ,hope you get sorted ,the cab is usually a good first contact to get things sorted.

Pete.

mogg
    My advice is don't deal with this company. They are over priced on all their WAV .
    Last edited by mogg; 7th September 2014 at 23:00.

I afraid you there might be some truth in what you say Mogg. I emailed them about the situation on Monday morning. I was quite diplomatic and said that several people on the forum had had a good service from you and this must be just an misunderstanding, please sort it out. No reply.

It is such a shame for british companies to treat people like that, if Jubilee treats people poorly like they have done to Tessa then they will lose business.

Disappointed with Jubilee, Terry

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ_ASG View Post
    Has anyone had any dealings with this company?

They took a 500 deposit from us to secure a viewing; when we heard nothing after 3 weeks, not even a date for a viewing, we asks for our money back, which they are refusing to do.

Trading Standards say we have no legal right to a refund; we have heard this is not the first time they've conned people out of money this way.
    Hi Tessa,

Did you pay by debit card? Debit cards don't have the same guarantees as credit cards but they do have some. You need to contact the Debit Card Services team at your bank and speak to them about raising a Customer - Merchant Dispute.

Whether you will get a refund is uncertain. The bank will need to raise a dispute and look in to it for you. It can depend on any terms and conditions that you have agreed to. Some times just by handing over card details, you are agreeing to terms and conditions but the merchant must make this clear to the customer.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Andrew