Thread: Great North Run

Great North Run

I attended this event to support my daughter who despite never having run a half marathon before, completed the race in 2 hours 58 minutes. Well done Josie who also raised 1500 for the Lincolnshire MNDA group.
    There were lots of runners and supporters for MND and congratulations to all for making this a great day out even if the logistics of parking at the finnish then getting to the start, the half way point and the finnish again was stressful. Needless to say the runners covered the 13 miles quicker than public transport.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Barry52 View Post
    I attended this event to support my daughter who despite never having run a half marathon before, completed the race in 2 hours 58 minutes. Well done Josie who also raised 1500 for the Lincolnshire MNDA group.
    There were lots of runners and supporters for MND and congratulations to all for making this a great day out even if the logistics of parking at the finnish then getting to the start, the half way point and the finnish again was stressful. Needless to say the runners covered the 13 miles quicker than public transport.

Barry
    Hi Barry,
    Just wanted to ask you to pass on my thanks to your daughter for taking part in the run and raising a substantial amount of money for MNDA ,I think honestly she should have been paid at least twice that amount for her efforts , for someone who has never run anywhere ,much preferring to ride a bike ,what she and so many other wonderful folk do to raise funds always amazes and makes me realise just how many kind and caring people there are in this country.

Regards
    Pete
    All I need is a miracle

Ditto the above; ever since this blasted disease visited me I have been overwhelmed by the support I am getting from friends and family (both virtual - here) and at home, my local running club did a mexican wave ice bucket last week and a group of another club I ran with dedicated their run last Wednesday and in the space of 1 hour raised 210 just by them throwing into a bucket!

Your daughter's timing for her first ever half marathon is amazing and just 7 minutes behind one of my more seasoned running friends, I salute your daughter and thank her for her efforts for MND x

Forum Member
    well, Barry, Please congratulate Josie for her success in completing the Great North Run. My own daughter got through as well. She has been doing it for years for a children's charity so I couldn't expect her to change to MNDA. (By the way, I bought my outfit for the Thumbprint Ball today in Chester, so I am almost ready to rock!)

Thanks all for your kind comments. I will pass them onto Josie when I see her tomorrow.

Willsandco (aka Joycie) will meet my Josie at the MNDA Lincolnshire Thumbprint Ball in November.

Barry

Forum Member
    Oh, Barry, that will be wonderful. We are so looking forward to seeing you all. x