Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Natural Help

Forum Member
    Here's another one on Olive Leaf Extract,
    It's been around for years, contains Oleuropeins (well researched)..but you might not know of the many
    benefits it offers,..definitely one to consider, if wanting to strengthen your Immune System.
    It's just a simple theory i stick with, if the Immune System's stronger,..progression will take longer.

Recent posts of mine have mentioned the stomach/gut flora,..where my immune system/better health must start,

Only 4, of many i take, http://www.naturalnews.com/028226_immunity_foods.html

This is a very good simple read,..for anyone interested in trying to improve their health,

http://www.vitasentials.com/olive_leaf_extract.htm

Forum Member
    Well Ray, shopping list complete. Will post results.

Regards Peta

Melanie_MND
    Hi Peta,

I will just say that the MND Association strongly advises anyone seeking new treatment or supplements should always contact their GP or healthcare professional before doing so.

Kind regards

Melanie

Forum Member
    Sensible advice.

Forum Member
    This one should interest those on partial Deanna P,..or taking AAKG,
    It definitely won't interest idiots,..that post a few words of crap,..just to echo Admin every time.

AAKG increases blood flow to muscles,..but has a downside,,it increases Nitric Oxide (NO)
    NO...is a Free Radical,...which steal an electron from healthy cell,..and kill it,..

This natural supplement,..is the strongest Antioxidant known to Man,..to this day.
    It devours Free Radicals,..plus it's been proven to have many other health benefits,

I posted on it ages ago,..i still take it daily,..but only 3mg per day
    I take many things as you know, but most are taken at minimum or low dosage,..safety,
    Some, like Moringa or Pine Pollen,..have to be taken in higher dosage,,to try for effects.

I'm about to start taking 12mg per day,,..after what this guy says in the link below,
    like me, he took it for years at low dosage,,,got nothing,..he started high dosage,..effects!!

http://www.naturalnews.com/023177_as...ioxidants.html

RRrradical

Forum Member
    Thanks Ray
    An interesting read.
    Cheers
    Darryl

Forum Member
    Had quite an interesting read on Seventh Wave UK, when the olive leaf turned up Ray, more to think about.

Peta

Forum Member
    Genervon's Peptide is the only Researched hope for you folk, i, like all, hope it's soon,
    meanwhile, there's folk on Alstdi,..and a Radical here,..that might stumble onto something,

You all know my views on job-savers by now, and i will not wait,.only by trying various things
    will i possibly uncover something,.....mind,,.i'm trying to reverse the damn thing,.not stop it!!

And after over 16 months of "extra" supplements,..am beginning to wonder if it's an impossibility,
    i'm not one for giving up, far from it,.so i'll just keep trying,.too late in life to take up knitting!

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil,.....a natural food, already posted on fishmate supps, ages ago,
    Especially for newbies, in case you've missed it,

It's got many things going for it, proven in Research, to be beneficial in Neurodegeneration,
    good for the body all round, supports the Immune System, MCT fats, (krebs cycle) Ketogenic, Etc,

Every time you reach for butter, margarine, etc,..you can use EV Coco instead,..toast, rolls, scones,
    baking, even frying,..or just melted into a meal, l*ike pasta, or mixed into mashed spuds,

The reason i've resurrected EV Coco is because i intend to take more, and i've found a method for me,
    I've always wanted to take more of this supplement/food, but because of my lack of "cookable" meals and
    restricted choice of ready-meals,..i haven't been able to take it in an "effective-weekly-amount"

I was impressed with stories of folk seemingly being much-improved,..on 10 tbls per day, (70 per wk),
    I've been only able to consume approx 8 tbls per week,..never mind per day,..so no noticeable effects

Being an evening "snacker"...i'm about to start piggin-out on things a bit more, to get EV Coco,
    Last night i had 3 toasted hot-cross,..which took 4/5 tbls of Coco,..instead of butter, brill!
    I can eat toasted hot-cross, scones, fruit/malt loaf, toasted ham and cheese, til the cows come home,

So if i'm getting 4/5 tbls per day,..it'll be roughly 6 times as much,..might notice improvements
    For me, it's another "angle",.something that might give noticeable benefits, taken in larger daily doses,
    I remember when i first took it, it affected my balance, so a larger weekly uptake,...who knows,

Anyone considering taking it,..do it gradually over weeks,..1st wk,..1 tbl per day, 2nd wk,..2 tbl, etc,
    It has a Detoxifying effect on the body,..and could likely have die-off effects, as it cleans you out,

Anything that improves the body's Immune System, has the long-term potential, to slow down progression
    while waiting on Genervon to materialize,

It's your journey,...no matter how positive and strong you are,..no matter how many hugs you receive,
    not the NHS or the Placebo, or a hope and a prayer, only by personal effort, can it be slowed-down,.
    no matter how much you want it to leave,..it won't go,...because it likes you!!

If loggin-in to a chat-room, commenting on trivia, sending hugs,,gets you through an MND day, so be it,
    i personally can't sit on my backside, and let any illness take control, and days off my life,
    i don't trust Doctors, or their Drugs,...yes of course Antibiotics when an infection,.(quick fix)

E V Coconut Oil,...both good reads..... http://www.coconutdiet.com/alzheimers.htm
    http://lifestylewell.com/coconut-oil-tree-of-life/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Re Antaxanthin,.a couple of posts above,..
    I'm still using up the old 3mg one's,..another 5 days before i use 12mg daily,
    so that's two things i'm hopeful will bring about improvement, forever optimistic, because i try.

Ray

Hi Ray,
    I have been taking EV coconut oil for around 18 months since you highlighted it's benefits in an earlier post. Initially I found it difficult to take straight from a spoon but I found that by warming it in the microwave and adding to cereal, especially porridge, it was easy. Your tip about spreading it on bread and buns is useful, especially when away from home without access to a microwave. The downside for a foodie like me is that I can still distinguish flavours and don't wish for all my food to taste like a bounty bar without the chocolate.
    I am only using 1 tbl spoon per day and a quick calculation if upping to 4/5 would require me to purchase 2x800gm jars per month = 26 so less than 1 per day. Small price to pay as I have noticed my resistance to colds has improved. Please not this is not a cure as MND is still progressing, albeit slowly.
    I also take high strength krill oil also recommended by Ray and around 3 months ago commenced lithium and D3 although I can't detect noticeable results yet.
    Thanks again Ray for your valuable advice.
    Barry

Forum Member
    Hi Barry,

I remember you're a fan of porridge, when i posted on it before,
    Do you have an excess Mucus problem,, on days you consume it, or every day,..or not at all?
    If you stick to your 1 tbl of Coco per day, like i've been doing till now,..while it's good, you'll not see benefits.
    I've recommended Krill in the past, only because the brand i use contains Antaxanthin,
    If the brand you're taking doesn't contain it,..you'd be as well with an ordinary Omega 3

Ray