Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ? bathroom/wetroom size

what is the size of the room, can the doorway be made bigger and a sliding door saves lots of room, charles;

love terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Charles,

When you say a "small roll in shower cubicle", what do you have in mind? If it's a small room, it'd probably be easier not to have a defined shower cubicle and to have a true wet room with sealed floors and walls.

My bathroom is 2.9m x 2.5m and I spent about 4k on new accessible bathroom suite - sink & loo have to be compatible with an over-the-loo chair - a level access shower and completely tiled floors and walls, (mind you, that was in 2008!) It's not a wet room as only the shower floor & walls are sealed.

You can get advice from your OT re what's possible in the space.

Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Hello Charles,

We had a similar dilemma when we converted. Whilst a wet room is space saving, everything in a small area gets wet i.e. towels and toilet rolls. We decided on a low level glass enclosure with a minimal lip on the shower tray. This was using the space where the bath occupied. There are many suppliers online if you have a builder sorted. Remember to ensure the shower tray will take your weight and possibly a carer. I assume you have a means of getting upstairs?

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Dear Barry and Ellie:

You guys are very helpful. I am not looking at a full wet room. I am looking at an enclosed area like you both describe.
    Now if it is not too much trouble dearest Barry and Ellie would your respective good selves contemplate taking a photo of your respective shower arrangements and sending to me in a private message. I don't expect a demo photo of you using it. That might be asking a bit too much.
    Thanks thus far

Charles

Hi Charles,

We have just gone through this process converting a very small downstairs bathroom into a wetroom, it is smaller than recommended but we can just get the hoist and me in. The quotes coming in were around the £4000 mark, that was just way more than we could afford so my husband did it himself bless him and the mnda helped us out with a grant towards the costs. To get local suppliers used to doing this kind of job our O.T gave us a list of the contractors that our local authority uses for this kind of work. So it's worth asking to get your local guys.

Wendy x

Forum Member
    Wendy:
    Thanks. very helpful. I shall proceed as you suggest.

Charles

Hi Charles;

You might find this useful:- http://www.mobilitydepot.co.uk/impey...%20Cubicle.htm

Night Hawk had one that I have some pictures of, the thread that talks a little about it is:- http://forum.mndassociation.org/show...ghlight=shower

There should be another thread but I can't find it.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Forum Member
    Much appreciated terry.

Attachment 764Attachment 767Attachment 765Attachment 768Attachment 766
    Quote Originally Posted by njm View Post
    Dear Barry and Ellie:

You guys are very helpful. I am not looking at a full wet room. I am looking at an enclosed area like you both describe.
    Now if it is not too much trouble dearest Barry and Ellie would your respective good selves contemplate taking a photo of your respective shower arrangements and sending to me in a private message. I don't expect a demo photo of you using it. That might be asking a bit too much.
    Thanks thus far

Charles
    Hi Charles,

I will send you a photo in a pm and as you say it will be the censored version.

Barry

Sorry to bore everyone with photos of my shower but I can't upload in a pm.
    Last edited by Barry52; 10th January 2017 at 18:02.
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Barry:
    This is very helpful. And thanks for the courage to go public with your photos. As you say they are public but not the pubic version.
    Charles