Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Fasciculations, cramps, are they good or bad signs?

Forum Member
    Norman - I had to smile - have you been peeping? I recognised myself!!

It is raining here.
    Anne

when physiological chat turn to poetry hhmm
    To those faint hearted polite one, apologies. POO, bowel movement should be talked here because an incomplete business can not only lead to incontinence, but can spoil your mood especially if i have to go out, i prefer to use my own bathroom (like in my case), affect your appetite, cause bloating , cramps.
    You are lucky if you do not have to talk poo while fighting this disease. If you are trying something natural that help you achieve completion, please share with us.
    Best wishes
    Marie

Forum Member
    Marieline, good to hear from you!

People grimace, but Peter puts prune juice into my weetabix in the morning! He says it is a very moving experience! We discussed this very thing with the neurologist in the week and she said people took linseed oil as well.

Whatever helps, helps. Constipation is dreadful.

Much love. Joycie x

Hi Marieline;

I too have weetabix, two and a half and five prunes chopped up in a separate bowl and a tablespoon of coconut oil. Yummy, I do enjoy it all.

I do take half a Macrogol sachet in the evening as well.

Here is a link to more details:-

http://forum.mndassociation.org/show...ighlight=bidet

I find that the build up of wind is worse for me as I sometimes just can't release it.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Hi Marieline;

I find that the build up of wind is worse for me as I sometimes just can't release it.

Love Terry
    LOL, my GP prescribed these powders, two a day was his recommendation. After an exploratory PAAARP I reached for a cork and reduced to a half sachet per day. Risky business testing the boundaries and going for an aggressive 'release' eh Terry?

Good luck, start with a 'sqeakum'.
    Toodle pip!

Norman
    Wordpress Blog

See it is not so hard to share tips. It is a serious issue. I do take ground linseed Joycie. I have mixed my own blend of roughage got psyllium, linseed and some other stuff i buy from the supermarket.
    I will add prune as well. Notice my fascination in this basic function, taking pleasure in small thing cannot get more literal
    I massage my tummy to get the wind moving with lots of water it is not my main concern. My main concern is when i lack the muscle strength to do the job.
    Hence my focus on improving maintaining the muscle strength in core and back. Coffee has proven amazing in that it really make you feel the peristalsis in the guts, my best result so far. Remember the gut play a massive role in causing disease and a healthy gut will keep us fighting a little longer
    Best wishes
    Marie

alid.blue55
    I get Fasciculations in my upper arms. So far I have not experienced Cramps. My approach is that until I suffer pain , this is just another minor effect of this bloody condition. Positive thinking goes a long way.

Hi Alid and welcome;

Yes, it's good to ignore things if possible. I've been quite fortunate by not having much pain as a result of Mnd.

Long may that continue.

Best wishes, Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Yes Terry, MND being what it is, "mysterious" manifests itself differently for each and everyone of us. I have had fasciculations and cramps since very early phase and although i have quiet periods they never left me. I have learned to justify and explain their presence, so they are my allies rather than my enemies.
    I get a lot of muscle pain, but it is because i tend to overdo things. Yes terry the wind is a pain in the bum. Did you know that magnesium help to remove them. as well as drinking plenty of fluid, moving. massaging the tummy from the right, following the large intestine, you can actually feel, pockets of air in their and after you've displaced them, sitting on the toilet usually do the rest. Get your lovely wife to help. bringing the knees to the chest is another way of massaging the guts and for stretching the lower back and the legs.

i am currently back on Colostrum 6 capsules a day, after nearly 6 months break. The muscle pain is definitely less with the new combo, coconut oil, colustrum, Vit B6, Vit D, Zinc, Folic, B 12, .
    I added vit E, Iron and Vit C because the periods are erratic and was feeling a bit pale. Other all energy level is good and bowel is working great. I am one happy lady

Best wishes
    Marieline