Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Benefits - your views

A rant from me!
    I am currently on DLA following the issue of my DS1500 earlier this year and I recently received a letter from the DPW asking me to start an application for PIP. My voice is not great on the phone so I tried the text line which did not work. When I rang I spent 40 minutes repeating myself many times and answered lots of questions only to be told at the end that I need to submit a new DS1500 and my payments would stop at the end of December if they had not received it by then. Do these people know how long it takes to get a GP appointment these days?
    I like all of us suffering from this disease think there should be a benefits fast track system for a terminal condition regardless life expectancy averages.
    Rant over and I hope everyone is having a smiley day. Apologies to the non Brits for the acronyms but we know what they mean.
    Barry

Hi Barry

Yes, the benefits system in this country is a disgrace, you shouldn't have to do all that just to change over to PIP, it should be transfered automatically! I think your idea of a fast track system for terminal conditions is a great idea. I've even heard of some horror stories about that dreadful company ATOS bringing people in for medical assessments that have MND

All the best

Dave

pete
    Hi Barry,

It was the same here, who would have thought that we would outlive the dreaded DS1500, I was lucky ,we have a GP surgery who after a phone call issued a new form ,even posted it to the DWP, in a official envelope that are supplied to the surgery. The PIP began five days later.

Hi Pete,

Many thanks for your comments. I am pleased it worked out ok for you. I will try to see my GP next week as I have changed surgery since the previous issue of DS1500 and hopefully she will be sympathetic.

Regards
    Barry

pete
    Hi Barry,

Just a thought, don't know if you have a motorbility car/ wav ,with ours it seems as you go onto PIP you have to set up a new mandate with motorbility ,seems like they are bit behind collecting payments ,it was too much to hope that they would do it .please ignore this post if it's no interest .

Pete