• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ellie
    Forum Member
    • Oct 2012

Oh dear Terry - at your age just get false teeth

Yeah, footwear is a big issue for us. Even in this weather I've to wear walking boots over ankle braces for transfers - can't stand without them.

When lounging in the sun, if I take off the boots, the wheelchair footrests hurt my toes as my heels don't plant so pressure transfers down into my Princessy toes. If I take off the braces and put on my boots, my ankles roll over and ache. Still, it could be worse!

Glad you can somewhat weight bear.

E x.
    ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Terry
      Forum Member
      • May 2012

I went out today and had bear paws, Chimp;

When standing up in my wheelchair the good foot was more achy then the poor paw.

I have sponge foam under the poor paw, maybe you could do similar. My heals press against the side of my rests which make them sore, hopefully my son will sort something out once he has sorted my boot out. I'm not holding my breath.

Love The Cat
      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Barry52
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
        That's great to hear Barry - no significant deterioration from the break and weeks of non weight bearing is a victory!

Yes, La Rochelle is lovely. I spent many a holiday near the town and love the area.

Enjoy the rest of the cruise. I had a nosy a your ports of call and it's a lovely cruise - great itinerary!

Love Ellie.
        Yes Ellie, I for once listened to the medics. I will have a rest tomorrow as my ankle is telling me I over did it but hey ho the food and wine is great on the ship so I will veg out. Don’t tell Terry but I’d promised to use the gym and haven’t got anywhere near it.

Love Barry x
        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Terry
          Forum Member
          • May 2012

I had a two week check up on my toe yesterday and when they looked at they were shocked. I don't think they had ever seen that procedure heal so quickly and well.

Bad news, it will be at least two weeks before I can play football again so won't be representing England in the World Cup.

Love Terry
          TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Terry
            Forum Member
            • May 2012

Hi Barry,

How are your fingers?

My little one seems to getting better, I abused it and hurt it a few weeks ago and now it doesn't cause much pain.

I am still very careful with it.

Love Terry

Comment

• Barry52
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2012

Hi Terry m

Thanks for asking. I am supposed to clench a fist 10 times every hour but I have pain in my knuckles so it is proving difficult. I see a physio on Friday so I will get a better idea then.

I’m pleased you are recovering from your injury. Give my best wishes to grandad when you see him next.

Love Barry
              I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Terry
                Forum Member
                • May 2012

Originally posted by Kayleigh View Post
                It was probably the fault of 'predictive text' - it can be so annoying when a word we type automatically changes to a different word than we wanted it to be!

It can happen to any of us Telly .... oops, I mean Terry. (But If you ever refer to me as Kylie rather than Kayleigh - I'll know it's because you are daydreaming about those Minogue sisters again!) LOL

Love and hugs,
                Kayleigh x
                Can't blame that

Comment

• Kayleigh
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2018

There would be nothing wrong with daydreaming about the Minogue sisters Terry - it would show you have got very good taste in pop music and you also enjoy watching excellent Australian soaps!!! LOL

..... and I would have been much more concerned if you'd been daydreaming about Jason Donovan! LOL

Love and hugs,
                  Kayleigh x
                  Last edited by Kayleigh; 2 August 2019, 15:12.

Comment

• Terry
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2012

Hi Kayleigh;

I'm a bit word blind, delextic???????? So I always have problems writing and I quite often don't use the words that I want to because I don't know and can't find how to spell them.

I doubt that anyone does not like Kylie, she's so sweat and good but I don't dream about her, nor Jason either.

Love Terry

Comment

• Kayleigh
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2018

It's good to hear that you can leave the daydreaming about Jason to me Terry! LOL

... and sorry for my silly suggestions - as I know you would only ever be dreaming about your lovely wife!

Love and hugs,
                      Kayleigh x

Comment

• Ellie
                        Forum Member
                        • Oct 2012

This thread seems to be the closest to what I would call (that sounds like Miranda's mum in the TV show ) a 'Chat Thread'??

Anyhoo, Kayleigh, I've caught up on Poldark episodes with my daughter, so no need to worry about spoilers!

It wouldn't be my first choice of drama, but it's nice to watch something non-violent and not too dark to balance out the likes Killing Eve or The Handmaid's Tale, not to mention the delicios Mr Turner

Not sure what I'll do after this last episode at 9pm on Sundays - never got into Peaky Blinders - anyone got boxset recommendations??

Love Ellie.
                        Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Deb
                          Forum Member
                          • May 2018

Hi Ellie,

I couldn't get into Peaky Blinders either and also this series of Poldark. We've just watched all the episodes of Luther.. very gruesome so possibly not for your daughter but gripping ( with my eyes shut ) Also Idris Elba is very easy on the eye so dont know why it was missed the first time round. Have also just watched line of duty from the beginning because we missed the first few series.

Killing Eve makes me laugh, although I know it's not really funny, so maybe I do have some emotional liability! For light relief just watched "mum" which I think was on I player and is quite funny but emotional too.

It sounds like i have nothing better to do than watch TV but my leg is on the mend so hoping to be out and about soon again.

Love Debbie x

Comment

• Ellie
                            Forum Member
                            • Oct 2012

Glad your leg is on the mend Debbie.

I think Killing Eve is tongue-in-cheek funny - I wasn't the only one watching it and laughing out loud in my house

I saw 'Mum'. Aww, lovely finally !! If I could've yelled at the telly, I think it would've cracked its glass - I thought they'd never get together...

Can't wait for Idris Elba to grace my TV again

Hope we get an Indian Summer so you can make up for your weeks of confinement. Do you think you'll get over to Spain?

Love Ellie.

Comment

• Kayleigh
                              Forum Member
                              • Nov 2018

Hi Ellie and Debbie,

I've enjoyed this series of Poldark but I don't think the story line has been as good as in the first series. I'm more of a fan of soaps, quiz shows and cartoons than dramas (and, of course, my favourite cartoon box set is 'Top Cat' - his cheeky and happy smile always cheers me up! .

Great to hear your leg is healing Deb. I hope you enjoy getting out and about more, very soon.

Love Kayleigh x

Comment

• ccinjersey

Idris Elba is rumored to play the next James Bond. That would be exciting to watch

xox

Comment

Working...
                                X