Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: The daily dribble

Forum Member
    Oh dear first tooth, tongue and toes, and now head, shoulders, knees and toes ...what do we do with you ? LOL

This made me think of you

Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes - Exercise Song For Kids - YouTube
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4eueDYPTIg

In all seriousness I hope you OK and not to much pain was involved XOXO

Forum Member
    Wonderful to be able to laugh at yourself Terry. Wonderful also to see my MND buddy, Pete, posting again.

Hi Miranda;

I didn't laugh straight away but it is ironic. We have so many issues, I guard against one and get two other hits that I never even dreamed of.

It took a couple of minutes to know that things were OKish and today I have a very very slight bruise/ache in my left knee.

Yes, it would be great to hear more from Pete mate and have his import on the racing thread among others.

Cc, I am quite well at the moment, I still have an issue with the cut under my tongue caused by the sharp tooth but it's not so bad now..

Barry, get your old skate board protective gear on, your boxing mouth guard and wear a bib if you're using a hand bike.

Ellie, yes I was so pleased that I saved my tongue, two weeks ago when I was having tooth, tongue problems, I bit my front lip and the front of ,my tongue causing bleeding within a minute of each other whilst eating.

Love Terry

Just to apologise for not keeping in touch with those who know me, I’m so sorry but I let myself down badly ,I hadn’t seen that my wife was finding it difficult to care for me as I became more and more reliant on her ,we argued more and a spell in Stafford hospital treated for constipation and waterworks problems thirteen catheters later and five weeks we decided that my deteriorating needing care and finding and funding my future in a care home.

We found one who took me in but anyone who has been involved in care home and all that means ,I didn’t handle the change in my life well and found it all alien And extremely upsetting still now some months have past I finally become content with my future , many many care homes have no experience of mnd so we my carers and I began too learn what I needed and now I have my favourites but most are kind and helpful others have no place in care . So too Miranda, Ellie, Terry, Barry, And anyone I’ve missed out I will try to be more involved in future

Much love

Pete
    All I need is a miracle

I think that we understand Pete mate;

Many of us are in similar situations or could be. Most of us go through spells of not posting as well, especially when going through hard times.

The thought of carehome's scares me because of the many different people looking after you and not being able to talk, etc.

Love Terry

Hi Pete,

Absolutely no need to apologise as we fully understand what you must have been going through. I have witnessed first hand members of my family adjusting to life in a care home and I admire your spirit and please don’t feel pressured to post regularly. We know you will be looking in.

With love and best wishes.
    Barry
    Life is a journey, not a destination.

Oh Pete, I wish I could hug you...

Please don't apologise for what you've been through. My husband and I nearly split last year - this spouse/carer lark is so, so hard, especially long term - and sometimes being apart makes for a better relationship.

I hope your bowels & waterworks have returned to working well.

Having spent some time in a care home last summer, I know there are some wonderful staff and then there are the others

Thanks for your post Pete - we're here for you mate.

Much love,
    Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.

Busy week this week.

I fear that most of it will be in bed after a ingrowing toe nail operation early Wednesday.

Monday dentist, such fun.

And my birthday later on in the week.

So 3 things to look forward to.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    I hope you're not in too much pain Terry, and feel better quickly after operation.

Thinking of you.

(((Hugs)))

CCxoxo

Hope the dentist sorts out the pain tomorrow - pity it's not a BOGOF for the toenail.

I can't believe it's your birthday again! That came around quickly, or maybe you're like the Queen with 2 birthdays?? E xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND.