Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: The daily dribble

Any other GBBO fans ??

Although I can't eat any cakes or biscuits and at times I may resemble this thread title, I, and the whole family, love watching it (even without Queen Mary)

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

My wife and I like to watch it Ellie;

I thought that losing Queen Mary would be it's ruin but I like the dynamics of the new team.

Will have to play catch up as it's recorded and not yet watched.

Love TC

PS:- I can eat a little of most cakes and a bit more of others, I sometimes have a bit of extra cream, well what would you expect from The Cat

Yes, I have to say I like the 4 presenters - wait until you see Mr Hollywood

Hi Dina,

We all have such drab life's, so what's happening in that exciting place?

I'm at the gym overlooking a pool full of women, but yet to have coffee and my nut and fruit snack.

Hope you are feeling well.

Love Terry

Hi Dina and Terry,

Hi Dina

I hope that today has been ok for you. I see that TC has posted another instalment in his 'coffee shop capers'! He probably knows all the cafes and coffee shops in Suffolk - and, undoubtedly, all the girls who work in them as well! LOL!

Love Kayleigh x

Hi Terry

Are you supervising the women's aqua-aerobics session again? (undoubtedly Casanova Carpenter will be very jealous!! LOL).

As always you will be popular with the ladies there, and they might also be attracted by your snacks ... so probably a good idea to keep a close eye on all that very tasty fruit - as well as your very tempting nuts! LOL

I guess you don't take sugar in you coffee (because you are definitely sweet enough! ) - but it wouldn't surprise me if you always ask for extra cream! LOL

Love and hugs,
    Kayleigh xx
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 29th August 2019 at 22:01.

Hi Terry,

You wouldn't believe the scandal and gossip in here. It's absolutely shocking! In fact, I'm so stunned I can't remember any of it.

Tomorrow the hairdresser is coming to me. Who knew that hospitals have resident hairdressers? I think I shall have my hair dyed mauve, with purple and lilac highlights as the three of us in my bay are going out clubbing in Manchester city centre tomorrow night. I shall be driving my Salsa Mini and towing the others in a custom-made double wheelchair. We will be putting gin in our humidifiers to get the party started and, as for drugs, we've got them sorted: we'll be flying high as kites on Oramorph. The fun never stops for beds 7; 8 and 9.

I've been through to the men's trachy ward a few times when I've been put too high up in my bed: straight through the bedhead and the wall! I asked if they'd like to come with us but they're all complaining of sore throats - too boring...

As for party clothes, R has decided to wear a particularly fetching hospital gown but we think she's a bit an exhibitionist as it is open all down the back. L has opted for scrubs - beautiful colours but the open fly is somewhat risqué. As for myself, I thought I would wear a slinky gold lamé creation with lots of safety pins à la Liz Hurley.

We have found the perfect place to party: Manchester's Night Dive (known as "MND" for short). For some reason people seem to have weird ideas what the initials stand for. Anyway it's a really popular venue - it's really jumpin' on a Friday night into the wee small,hours. Oh, you should see the state of the clubbers when they leave the place! There are walking sticks and zimmer frames akimbo, wheelchairs with the wrong wheels on, and, as for the ventilators, they barely survive the night as the male clubbers set them up on the floor so that they lift the girls' hems, like in Some Like It Hot.

You are all welcome to join us - the fun starts at 8:00. Oh no, hold on, that's when it finishes as we all have to be back in the ward for our Horlicks by 8:30.

Be there or be square!
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Love it Dina

Forum Member
    Literally laughing out loud, Dina... so funny !

Sounds like my idea of a night out !

Love Debbie x

Hi Dina;

I'll come too, sounds like a good night out.

I once went to guys hospital for a opp and I was in the day before hand for tests. Anyway after the tests were done they said it was my time, I asked if I could go out, then I asked if it's OK to have a drink. They said don't drink loads but a beer or two would be fine. I was seventeen and came back at eleven after a couple of beers.

PS\|:- I didn't ware a hospital gown though, nor one secured with safety pins, I went for the Mummy look?

Just had my hair done yesterday, Opted out of coulours etc.

Love Terry

Love Terry

Hi Dina,

I expect you are all tucked up in bed now having been ejected from the nightclub for hogging the dance floor and wrecking the place. You are now permanently banned from the establishment and your card has been marked as Mad Naughty Dame from Manchester.

Thank you for putting a smile on my face before bed.

Love,
    Barry x
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!