Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: The daily dribble

Kayleigh

I’m laughing my socks off at the only fools and horses sketches and I should have remembered to put my mug of tea down before spilling it down my shirt. I think CC will get the humour in this classic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi_6SaqVQSw

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Forum Member
    Sorry Barry I didn't understand the skit at all ????

Mostly because I didn't understand what the customer was asking for ? I couldn't understand his accent, it was much to heavy I didn't know what most of his words were ?? I repeated a few times too hoping to understand his words but I just wasn't getting it

But thanks for trying lol xoxo

Thanks Barry,

I love that comedy sketch. Luckily your post prompted me to put my cuppa down before I started watching it - as that one always makes me laugh!

You must have read my mind - I was going to post a link to exactly the same clip later on this evening - but you beat me to it (obviously, we both have excellent taste in comedy - and great minds think alike! LOL).

Glad you enjoyed Only Fools and Horses - perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but its good hear you enjoyed it! .. and I hope you managed to drink most of your tea before it decided to jump out of the cup! LOL.

Love,
    Kayleigh x

P.S I thought CC said that American ladies found British men's accents very attractive - but perhaps some accents are more appealing than others???!! LOL
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 18th August 2019 at 18:19.

Forum Member
    Hey Kayleigh we love, love, love the accents even if and when we don't understand what they are saying lol

I really had no idea what the customer was asking for ???? then when the audience broke out in laughter I didn't know what they were laughing about ????

I spoke to a woman in a bakery in England over the telephone her accent was so heavy I didn't know what she was saying to me!! I kept saying to her "I'm sorry can you repeat that" and she did, but I still didn't understand her ! then I said to her "I'm sorry can you say it a little slower" all I kept thinking was she must be thinking to herself these Americans really are dumb! LOL

xox

Hi CC,

It's perfectly understandable why you wouldn't understand what the comedy duo 'The Two Ronnies' were saying in that sketch.

They didn't usually talk like that. They used to change their accents according to which characters they were playing -.and you'd probably find many of their other characters much easier to understand than those characters in the 'Four Candles/Fork Handles' sketch!!!

Love Kayleigh x

P.S Its interesting how different the English language sounds when spoken with different accents. I find some American accents are easier to understand than others - and sometimes I can't even understand what Donald Trump is going on about! LOL
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 18th August 2019 at 20:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Carpenter View Post
    And perhaps Q could equip my wheelchair with all the weaponry of that Aston Martin....

Doug x
    Hi Doug,

Q has contacted me and is he is very enthusiastic about equipping your new James Bond wheelchair!

There's plenty of time before filming starts with you as the new James Bond, but he's already started to design the Aston Martin style weaponry you requested. Although not nearly as high-spec as your wheelchair will be, he thought you might like to see some footage of a wheelchair he kitted out for another client recently.......

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OkL4UNThJ8M

I don't know why Q contacted me instead of you? - but I don't mind! - perhaps he will put my name forward to be the new Miss Moneypenny?!! LOL

Love and hugs,
    Kayleigh x

Oh, Barry, the Four Candles sketch is one of my all-time favourites. I don't think anyone could touch the Two Ronnies for word play. I saw them at the theatre in the 70's and they did a wonderful sketch based on amateur dramatics. One cast member had to read his part and, of course, there was a hiatus when he was turning the page which meant lots of double entendres. It was absolutely hilarious.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    You're in good company Kayleigh half of America can't understand what Trump is going on about, the other half speak his language.

xox

Darling Kayleigh

Thank you! You're wonderful what you track down on the Internet. And I really need a laugh at the moment. The pain in my shoulder and the restrictions it brings are really getting to me.

Those sideways extending front wheels would be brilliant stabilisers in real life anyway.

Tell Q that he needs to add the jetpack capabilty that Frenchman used recently to cross the Chanel, then I'll be very happy!

Big hug

Love

Doug x

Hi Doug,

Q said no problem about including a jet pack capability. He said it was actually him who invented it in the first place - and it's fake news that it was that French guy's invention!!! LOL

,,.. but how the heck could the French have nicked his idea??? - well, embarrassingly for Q, it involved him being seduced by a french waitress called Yvette at an 'Allo Allo' fancy dress party. He was trying to impress her with details of his jetpack invention (which wouldn't usually be the best chat-up line to seduce a lady with!) - but unfortunately for Q, the Yvette lookalike must have really been a French secret agent!

His indiscretion could have been worse though - if he'd been seduced by the young lady in 'The Fallen Madonna with the big b.....s' costume, goodness knows what other sensitive secrets he might have revealed?!!!

Anyway, the good news is that Q has invented a new and improved version of the jetpack .... so you should be able to 'leap frog' across the Channel in your wheelchair in no time! (20 minutes by that French guy was at a snail's pace! LOL)

... and when you get to France, Q would like you to purchase some refills for the wheelchair's built-in Champagne cooler (but, he says, try not to drink all of it on your way home! LOL )

Love and hugs,
    Kayleigh

P.S I wonder what happened to the 'Fallen Madonna' after filming for the 'Allo Allo' sit-com ended ?? LOL .....
    http://https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-bristol-46397261
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 19th August 2019 at 15:40.