Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: The daily dribble

Forum Member
    Kayleigh Idris Elba pops my champagne cork !! lol In fact he could skip the champagne, and just talk in British to me

Your British men's accents just make American women melt like butter ....

Halle Berry and Jane Seymour were real Bond Girl beauties, next to you of course Dina

Do you remember Pussy Galore Bond Girl ??? I think it was Goldfinger ?? but maybe wrong? How were they allowed to get away with a name like that ?????? I don't think they could now in 2019 or at least I hope not !

xox

Hi CC,

There's nothing cheeky about that pet name for a cat LOL ..... and Mrs Slocombe, one of the sales assistants in the 1970's comedy 'Are you being served?', talked about hers frequently:-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vRJlItzalJY

A very funny classic British comedy - but I expect when watching it as a young child, most of the double entendres went right over my head!!!

Love
    Kayleigh

I worked in a large department store in the early 70’s and the comedy that Kayleigh refers to was so typical of daily life at work. I was a young department manager with staff of juniors and older ladies and the sketches in the tv comedy show were exaggerated but often accurate. 3 years of my first career which I enjoyed.

Barry
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleigh View Post
    P.S Doug wants to know if 'Gillette - the best a man can get' wears leather (only joking!! LOL )
    Ha ha ha! Doug, when you have the best you don't need anything else...
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    Hi Kayleigh

I'm not familiar with that show it must have been only in UK.

This clip cracks me up every time I watch I find it so hilarious and just so true !! Its from the film Love Actually when Collin insists all his has to do is come to American and talk with his British accent and he'll get the American girls.

You will see what I mean about the effect of British men accents, probably also why James Bond always got the girl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIXHcOjJpxY

(Just checking in after an evening's wine tasting, so make allowances)

You ladies are being very naughty - pushing an old man's buttons with talk of an excess of pussycats and leather and popping corks!

Actually, I have to admit - and this may be the result of growing up in the backward west country - that the significance of the lady's feline name was completely lost on me when I was young. Possibly because we used the shorter Anglo Saxon name.

And as for Dina and leather Kayleigh! Well, I'm just beginning to join the dots: Gillette....razor....razor strop.....

So naughty!

Sleep tight ladies.

Night night

Doug xxx

Sorry Doug - the Politically Correct Brigade have contacted me with a warning that I might have to put a stop to all my talk of leather! LOL

Sourcing leather clothes might be difficult anyway - as, apparently, leather is not very fashionable or PC any more! - it seems that the shops are full of vegan substitutes these days (and that goes for clothes as well as food!).

Glad you enjoyed your wine tasting! (I hope it was vegan wine! LOL) - and don't forget that as part of your training to be the next James Bond, you need to keep up with tasting lots of Martini cocktails (shaken, not stirred!) and plenty of Vintage Champagne as well!

Cheers!
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 17th August 2019 at 01:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry52 View Post
    I worked in a large department store in the early 70ís and the comedy that Kayleigh refers to was so typical of daily life at work. I was a young department manager with staff of juniors and older ladies and the sketches in the tv comedy show were exaggerated but often accurate. 3 years of my first career which I enjoyed.

Barry
    Hi Barry,

Your job in the Department Store sounds great! I expect you have got a lot of interesting and entertaining tales you could tell about the staff and customers in those days. I remember there being very good customer service in shops and Department Stores back then, and much better than there tends to be now.

These days, service in shops seems to be less personal and more rushed - and those self-service tills can be very annoying, especially when they don't work properly! I remember the old fashioned tills in the 1970's and the change being counted out to customers (and no EPOS system back then!). Also, I remember half penny sweets and my mum getting green shield stamps from the co-op.

I find there is something very nostalgic about watching those 1970s comedies. For me the 1970s were very happy care-free childhood years with no responsibilities. Not so good though, when there were all those power cuts and the bin men went on strike!!

Getting back to 'Are You Being Served?', I imagine that when you worked in a Department Store you had the authority of Captain Peacock (without being so stuffy and aloof) combined with the youthfulness and good looks of Mr Lucus!

Thereís nothing like a good comedy to raise a chuckle - and I think that some of the 1970's British classics are the best!

Love
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 17th August 2019 at 01:30.

Forum Member
    Hi Kayleigh, Barry

I thought the 70's comedy shows were the best ! and so was the 70's music.

Don't know if you guys had some of these shows in your country but they were my favorites. I think the humor showed the changing times as well; Taxi, Happy Days, All In The Family, The Odd Couple were some of the best ones.

We have a cable channel called 'Me TV' its all the old comedy shows of that time period its fun to watch it and see how simple things were back then and the style of clothing people wore.

xox

Morning folks!

Kayleigh - you and PC brigade are right. We should draw this lovely discussion of leather and cats to a tactful close. Though, as Dina said recently, such banter does cheer one up.

I've appreciated that especially, because for the last couple of weeks I've had an extremely painful left shoulder. My Consultant and two physios say it's not MND related. Compared to what many have to cope with, it's trivial but it has really got to me. Despite loads of pain killers sleep has been difficult.

I'm hoping the exercises I've been given will eventually get rid of it.

It's a sunny day here so must try to get outside.

Love

Doug xx