Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: The daily dribble

Hi Dina,

Going to the disco sounds great! I don't think I've been to one since the 1980s (or possibly the early 90's LOL).

I've just got to dig out my rara skirt and my boob tube and I'll be good to go.

Also, I won't forget the glow sticks - but perhaps I'll give the head-bopper a miss this time (anyone remember those? LOL). I'm going to the trouble of getting my hair crimped, and I don't want risk ruining it by getting it caught up in the boppers while I'm dancing. LOL

The days of me breakdancing, body popping and doing the can-can are long gone - but as for wheelchair line dancing and doing the wheelchair conga, I say bring it on! - and, of course, we could also do a wheelchair dance around our handbags too! LOL

See you there on Friday night! I expect that the last time most of the gentlemen of this forum went to a disco was way back in the 1970's, and so if any of them do show up, I wouldn't be surprised if they are all wearing platform shoes, flares and wide collars! LOL ... and hopefully the DJ will be prepared for requests to play those 1970’s disco classics 'Stayin Alive', 'DancIng Queen' and 'Boogie Wonderland'.

Love Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 30th August 2019 at 00:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry52 View Post
    Hi Dina,
    Thank you for putting a smile on my face before bed.

Love,
    Barry x
    I'm pleased you liked it, Barry. Does that mean you'll be there? We're all desperate to see your dreadlocks. Did you choose the rainbow ones? Ha ha ha.
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

If only I could grow dreadlocks Dina but I did have long hair in the 60’s and it strangely disappeared in the 70’s.

Since Kayleigh mentioned wheelchair dancing it reminds me of our son’s wedding 2 weeks ago. There was me sitting in my wheelchair enjoying the wine while watching everyone dancing when a crazy lady pushed me onto the dance floor and started spinning me around. After the initial shock I started to enjoy it and the embarrassment subsided. I ended up doing my own wheelies but I realised that I was the only one left on the dance floor. I suspect that the wine had gone to my head and I was due to be ejected for being a danger. Just think of the fun I could have had if I had taken my power wheelchair. This song comes to mind https://youtu.be/hAx6mYeC6pY

See you lovely ladies at the next gig since I need a dance partner.

Barry x
    Iím going to do this even if it kills me!

Ha ha ha, Barry. I can think of one or two people I could be tempted to M****r on the D***e F***r!
    Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Forum Member
    Ha.. it would definitely be murder on the dance floor if I was in my powerchair but it could be fun!

We need a playlist for our night out clubbing! How about.. wheels on fire or spinning around.

Love Debbie x

Quote Originally Posted by Kayleigh View Post
    Hi Dina and Terry,

Hi Dina

I hope that today has been ok for you. I see that TC has posted another instalment in his 'coffee shop capers'! He probably knows all the cafes and coffee shops in Suffolk - and, undoubtedly, all the girls who work in them as well! LOL!

Love Kayleigh x

Hi Terry

Are you supervising the women's aqua-aerobics session again? (undoubtedly Casanova Carpenter will be very jealous!! LOL).

As always you will be popular with the ladies there, and they might also be attracted by your snacks ... so probably a good idea to keep a close eye on all that very tasty fruit - as well as your very tempting nuts! LOL

I guess you don't take sugar in you coffee (because you are definitely sweet enough! ) - but it wouldn't surprise me if you always ask for extra cream! LOL

Love and hugs,
    Kayleigh xx
    A lot of people in Costa's around here know, I guess it's because I'm so good and nice. Some of there customers know me as well. I am not shy in using my talking machine and when I'm standing up in my wheelchair I am quite unmissable being around six and a half feet.

Some of them know me well and are nasty to me, in a nice way.

Never here when the aqua aerobics is on. Grandad used to go to one class with his wife, I would ask if he went perving yesterday, once someone read it on my talking machine, whops.

I used to go swimming before the class and many of the women wanted me to stay.

My nuts and fruit are kept under the counter and I do get some comments about my nuts. Also I sometimes ask people if they would like a date.

I don't have sugar and do have extra creams, however did you know.

Love Terry

Very glad to see your 'coffee shop capers' are back on the forum Terry,
    I was feeling a bit fed up but now I feel all cheered up and happy!

I'm not surprised you are a hit with the cafe girls and customers too,
    and they are so charmed by you, they probably wouldn't mind if you jumped the cafe queue!

With your fun loving ways and sweet-talking talking-machine,
    its no wonder that you get away with asking for extra portions of cream!

The tales and stories you tell are interesting and amusing and always told with flair,
    although some of those tales might be as tall as you are in your high-tech standing wheelchair?

You are an extremely popular gentleman who never fails to attract a crowd,
    especially as the music you play is always very entertaining - and rather loud! LOL

A connoisseur and lover of fruit & nut snacks and creamy coffee,
    you also enjoy you wife's home cooking - especially her roast dinners with plenty of gravy!

Motorbike racing is one of your favourite sports to watch on TV,
    often while munching on savoury snacks and occasionally washed down by a beer or 3!

You have a wealth of knowledge about DIY, mobility aids and household gadgets too,
    and all the support and advice you regularly give shows how much you care - it's very true!

Not only do you have plenty of fans in Costa's but you are also much loved in this forum family too.
    You are as cool as your avatar Top Cat and you are also a Top Bloke through and through!

Love and hugs to you TC and everyone in this fabulous forum family,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 10th September 2019 at 20:10.

Lovely to see we've our own Forum Poet Laureate in Kayleigh

I'm watching the GBBO atm, while multi-tasking may be one of my many talents, poetry definitely is not!!

Keep it up Kayleigh.

Love Ellie.

Thanks Ellie,

I haven't written one of my 'rhyming ramblings' for a while but Terry inspired me with his latest capers - plus the football is on TV in my house and although I quite like watching it, it doesn't merit all of my attention LOL

Supermarket Sweep was good last night. I was very impressed that I could answer ALL the questions correctly (not very surprising though, as they are even easier than most of the questions on Tipping Point LOL).

Ok, I admit, I told a little porky - I couldn't answer the question about the TV show Love Island (because my taste in TV shows isn't that bad! LOL).

Only complaint I have about the revamped Supermarket Sweep is that it isn't tacky enough!!! LOL

I hope you and your family enjoy watching GBBO.

Love Kayleigh xx
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 11th September 2019 at 13:34.