Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The daily dribble

Forum Member
    Sounds like life here in Lincoln, Ciara. God alone knows how we will be when things get more "locked in " for me! But that isn't yet, I am struggling to get around more these days but I am still up to mischief and mayhem!

Joycie x

Forum Member
    My mum would be an honorary member of The Stubborn Buggers Club. I remember the pillow situation (among others) so well. She'd laugh to know I'd nominated her but she'd agree!

Forum Member
    There stubbornness and determination to,live life to the full is what keeps them going even tho it's hard for us carers mentally and physically but I'm sure we are all happy to see our other half so happy living it to the max while they can because we never no when it's going to take finally take hold, so keep going everyone we ALL doing it right ��

Forum Member
    Since I fell on Boxing Day
    whilst feeding all my birds
    I am banned from the garden alone
    me and him have had words!

Daughter in law bought for Christmas
    a lovely bird bath for me
    and do you know there was a little robin
    in it today, having a real spree!

He has said that if I really behave
    and take my magic stick
    he will assist me out there
    - as long as we are quick!

So, Peter has another job
    to add to his many already
    and I can still see my birds feeding
    and keep my binoculars ready!

It is all go here in Waddington. We have put up a notice in the garden

"Welcome to Pete's place!"

Joycie xx

Forum Member
    Another great poem Joycie!

I just love those people that have that unshakable faith. When I’m with people like that there is something very comforting in how they handle the challenges of life. They have a way of making you feel like everything is going to be ok no matter what.

I don’t know Zip, I think we do come back for some unknown reasons. Have you ever met someone that you never met before, but have the immediate connection and feel you’ve known them before ? What is that?

Personally Mik I don’t think I would even want to be on a drug trial if I’m on the placebo side of it. I don’t think it’s fair. I get that the drug researchers need to compare the effectiveness of the drug, but I think it is almost cruel to the participates. Why can’t everyone that’s ill, and in need of a cure be given the opportunity to have a positive reaction to an experimental drug? If it works for some, how wonderful ! If not try, try again.

North vs. South, I’m going North Mik I love New England. Apples for sure, and dogs of course no comparison lol

Cheers to all the stubborn buggers here!

CCxox

Hi All

I bypassed this thread until now because I took the title literally and didn't want to read about dribbling,I've only just got my head round emptying Mums commode!!

Feel like I've missed out now! Haha!

Great thread, thanks xxx
    WE MAY NOT HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER BUT TOGETHER WE HAVE IT ALL xxx

I'd like to think when Mik started this great thread there was a hint of sarcasm in the title.

Great poem Joycie. You may have lost your voice but your words of wisdom and humour are much appreciated.

Looking forward to tomorrow's edition.

Forum Member
    RAC coming out for the car. If you sit in the drivers seat, put key in ignition. Nothing. Get out, put your hand in through the drivers window, put key in ignition. It fires. What's that all about? But now, today, nothing. Got to get it seen to cos we need to get to Sheffield on Thursday 8th for the anaesthetist's checks prior to the PIG being done on Monday 12th January. Will be interesting to see what the problem is! 90 minute wait for assistance and it is dark now! I cant find my feet in the daytime - will have to take magic stick out with me - and hope that the writings on my IPAD can be seen in the dark! Hey ho, another happy day!! Joycie xx

Forum Member
    Panto time sooooooo............Mik Where are You? lol
    Evil triumphs when good men stand by and do nothing.

Forum Member
    Joycie, Theres got to be a poem forming in the depths of your mind about this car. xx
    Evil triumphs when good men stand by and do nothing.