Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrist alarm

Forum Member

Wrist alarm

i have an alarm system and a keysafe to give my wife peace of mind when she goes out, but what about if I fall while she is around but not with me, as I have no voice I cannot call for help. This did happen recently. What I have done is buy a wrist mounted panic alarm, just a few pounds off EBay, it does the trick.

Hi Trevor;

Some companies have a call system that rings you first and then rings other numbers if you fall. There are also automatic fall detectors, similar to your one or a pendant that if you fall will raise the alarm automatically. Great for people like us that might have trouble pressing it or may be get knocked out.

Have a look at this thread:-

http://forum.mndassociation.org/show...ght=Fall+alarm

Love Terry

PS:- I have not got any of these things,,,,,,yet

Forum Member
    Stay safe Guys.

CCxox

Forum Member
    Terry, Another excellent thread you have added. I and am sure many more people had no idea all these things were available. Is there anyway the thread could be put as a stand alone thread maybe under ......Available Aids or something.
    Hugs Spring x
    Evil triumphs when good men stand by and do nothing.

Hi Zep;

Is it sort of what Ray was asking and so hard to do on an open forum.

If you are interested and need more info just ask.

There are the information sheets but not everything is covered there or here.

I should make some standard sheets on specific subjects but am a bit lazy.

Love Terry

Dad had a fall detector pendant which automatically detected a call and rang the alert people, they knew that Dad wouldn't respond over the intercom and that they had to phone paramedics and me to any fall alert. We only had one false alarm which was the first day we got it and dad sat on it! Fortunately I was in as it was bed time and could talk on the intercom......we did have a giggle though!

Forum Member
    So I have the care alarm on one wrist and the panic alarm on the other, that is in the house sorted out, but what happens when Annette is in the garden? What she has done is bought a pair of short range radios which are on sale quite cheaply. Although I cannot speak I can press the call button - sorted! Another good idea from the late Treelover, thank you Pat.

Another option is a wireless doorbell to attract attention in and around the house. The bell part can be left somewhere suitable or carried in a carer's pocket.

Forum Member
    Good idea Ellie.

Forum Member
    We had telecare installed last week, Mark has a pendant which he usually wears when I'm out and when I'm home it's parked on the sideboard. Today he had a fall in the living room and it was 5 minutes before I found him - I was in the Hall talking to a plumber about a leak. He's ok other than bruised rib area, but a very shocking experience. I assume we now need a fall detector too.

I was also thinking a 5 wireless doorbell from Argos might be useful for toilet trips etc.