Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blizzard

Forum Member

Blizzard

Braces ourselves for a horrific blizzard ! Got extra bottled water, batteries, and of course milk, eggs and bread, in the event we never have food again lol Hubby dragging out the generator in the even we never have electricity again !!

Stay tuned will keep you posted ! Your official weather girl from across the pond

xoxo

Forum Member
    Brrrrrrrrrrrr CC, it makes me feel cold just thinking about it. Its OK when the snow comes if you can stay in snug and warm, but no joke when you have to go to work. Keep us posted, good job we don't get (well rarely) powercuts as we don't have a generator. Ha ha I had to titter when you put about the milk and bread, it doesn't matter where we live in a snow storm we have to have our supplies. xxx
    Weather forecast here today at 4.30.........Cold, Slightly Windy and a mixture of cloud and clear skies, starting to go dark. xx
    Evil triumphs when good men stand by and do nothing.

I heard you might have a flurry over there. You sound well sorted.

Love Terry

Forum Member
    Good luck CC, keep smiling and stay inside xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxDebbiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooo

Forum Member
    LOL Just a few flurries Terry! hey where did TopCat go?? I didn’t recognize you!

Thanks, you guys keep warm over there too

They are calling it an ‘historic blizzard’ with 58 million people in the path of it including little ole me lol We are in a ‘state of emergency’ meaning no one out and about or allowed on the roads or will get a summons. This is a problem for me because I work in a hospital so I’m not excused from it, and they expect all staff to come in. I swear these people are crazy! I’m not a brain surgeon there, they only need doctors and nurses and they provide transportation to get them if needed, everyone else should be required to stay home and be safe.

My generator can not do the whole house Zip, just the necessities refrigerator and TV! Lol. If we lose power as they are predicting, we also lose heat !! We do have a gas fireplace which will be the place we all will be hovering around, and sleeping! Ugh, but grateful to have it. A big pajama party!

xoxox
    Last edited by ccinjersey; 27th January 2015 at 01:41.

CC,
    I heard your area was going to get hit. I wonder how it managed to miss us. I heard you could get up to 3 to 4 feet (how much is that in the UK, lol!!) Oh, it's 1 to 1.3 meters? I'm clueless about distances, my hubby worked that out.

Hope you will be warm tonight. Gas fireplace is good. Keep us posted!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))

Lynne
    Be Strong and Courageous!

Forum Member
    Lol I don’t know either Lynne, since our country refuses to learn the metric system like the rest of the world. Yes it could reach 3 feet in some areas! The snow I can handle, just hoping we don’t lose power !!

Hate to tease mother nature, but it can't be as bad as Hurricane Sandy! That was a whooper, with people still trying to recover from it !!

Yep you guys got lucky there, keep warm!

xoxo
    Last edited by ccinjersey; 27th January 2015 at 04:30.

Forum Member
    All the very best to our American friends...hope you have someone you can snuggle up to , to keep warm.
    Love Jam

Forum Member
    Keep in contact, CC. Lets hope the power doesn't go! x

Hi CC,
    I've read the weather report for NY and it says up to 2 inches of snow per hour during this morning (yes the older generation over here still use the imperial measurement system although we have no trouble converting since we had to help the kids with their homework). Hope you are warm and well fed and if the bread runs out just reach for the pasta.

Barry x