Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mik

hi,
    now you guys mention it i have had an itchy dry scalp and dry feet for a while now but not before MND, i just put it down to medication.
    not so sure now?
    mik

Comment

• BlueEyesOhio

All,
      Well we have found something here. I have NEVER had problems like this on my skin before MND. I DO find keeping hydrated helps my skin feel better. Drinking enough water is hard to do because, well, you know, then you have to get rid of it.

Lynne ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

• marieline

Originally posted by mik View Post
        hi,
        now you guys mention it i have had an itchy dry scalp and dry feet for a while now but not before MND, i just put it down to medication.
        not so sure now?
        mik
        Mik, I am not sure about other folks. Could do with peripheral nerves involvement, will explain the feet dryness, but i can never moisturise enough my hair or skin. There is a generalised dryness from hair to feet. Probably lack of sunshine as you say Terry, A/C or heating on constantly will remove moisture from the air. Using cheap soap and shampoo only make things worse. But at least it is manageable. I don't mind the pre-oiling or the in shower moisturising except for the cleaning afterwards.

Best wishes
        Marieline

Comment

• Terry
          Forum Member
          • May 2012

if you get areas of folded skin that itch because you are sitting a lot of the time, it's well worth trying Timodine cream.

I have tried everything on it but only Timodine cream has stopped it. It smells horrible and best not look up about what it's made of.

Love Terry
          TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Ellie
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2012

Not wishing to let down my pal Terry, I thought I'd share a tip about a wonder shampoo which has finally put an end to years of my itchy scalp issue.

Pre-MND, I never had scalp issues but whether it started due to meds' side effects, or whatever, it drove me nuts, especially as I cannot use my hands to scratch

Anyway, I tried various medicated shampoos, a prescription one, baby shampoos and non-chemical natural ones to no avail, before stumbling across one which, after only 2 days use, banished the itch - 2 weeks later and I'm still joyfully free of the dreaded itchy scalp.

It is MooGoo milk shampoo, widely available in pharmacies and online.

They also do skin creams but I don't need any, so haven't tried any of their other products.

Love Ellie.
            ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Terry
              Forum Member
              • May 2012

Hi Ellie;

So pleased that you've sorted your head out, itchy scalp issues are awful as well. I don't get any trouble there, no sense, no feeling.

I am using a Nappy car ointment "Bepanthen" , it seems to work on the folded areas of skin and the itchy areas where there's no reason or marks.

Love Terry
              TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Ellie
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2012

Yep TC, that Bepanthen cream is great stuff.

Still used by the kids, but now for things such as shin guard irritation.

Love Ellie.
                ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

Working...
                X