Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: keep it taped day!

Forum Member
    Brilliant idea

Forum Member
    LOL Surprisingly Terry I’m not going to disagree with you on this one. You may be right, a little tape just might keep me out of trouble on both sides of the pond !! Lmao

Agree, a brilliant idea to raise awareness to this illness Joycie. Honestly, I think most people would struggle to make it thru the day without speaking which would really bring home just one of the devastating effects of this illness.

CCxox

Forum Member
    What a great idea.....I could do it with my students at college to raise awareness........I agree with CC I wold need the tape across my mouth...maybe we could get some MND tape like 'police tape' instead of 'police tape do not cross the line' we could have:
    'MND ...Shut your mouth, open your wallet for MND.
    We could do it for 1 hour or 24 and raise money by the hour....you are clever Joycie....I'm inspired by this....let's make it work, then we are raising awareness and that can only be good....look at Pete's post about people not responding to him but talking to his wife or daughter instead, we'd be raising awareness on all levels.
    Come on Andrew help us out.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx£££££££Debbie£££££££OOOOO

Forum Member
    Great idea Joycie - count me in.

Anne

Forum Member
    Hello girls
    Can I volunteer my wife for a trial run. Somebody will have to explain it to her taping the mouth up I mean.
    I will book myself in for a hearing test at the end of lent.

Cheers
    Darryl

Forum Member
    I have had a lovely reply from Andrew. He is sending it on to fundraising and he will let me know. Will keep you all In the loop. Joycie

Forum Member
    I think the two of you have cracked on a jem . If the MNDA do not go for it perhaps one of our Pals who are very obviously effected by MND a la Stephen or even the great man himself might front a YOU TUBE/ FACEBOOK etc campaigns . Who knows if it goes viral we may be looking at an Ice Bucket Challenge again. The time is right!!

Great work

Kelvin

Forum Member
    I have got some really positive posts from all you guys and gals and also facebook feedback. I am just waiting for Andrew to come back to me. Of course there are complications because professionally the world cannot come to a standstill eg you couldn't do it in medicine could you or in life threatening situations? There must be a way around it. I don't want just crowds of people gathering in groups of silence outside parliament. I want everyone who can to have a go wherever they are whatever they are doing It is more realistic if you just can't communicate with everyday things. Thank god for predictable by therapy! I would go insane otherwise!

Some people will have a job keeping quiet for an hour.can you imagine a family of 4 and the mother decides not to talk all Saturday.
    I hope this does catch on because taking my voice away is cruelest thing mnd could do to me.
    David

Forum Member
    I will definitely be the one to be climbing the walls after an hour I do like to talk yer know. However it's a great idea and perhaps Joycie shops and offices could have a shut it chair where they took it in turns to sit on it for so long and possibly even pubs could have a shut it chair or pay a forfit I think it could be good fun at the same time as raising funds and awareness. As always Joycie you are an amazing lady xx
    Evil triumphs when good men stand by and do nothing.